- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence Small Group Tours
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
- The best time to visit Rome27 September, 2023
- How many days in Rome is enough?19 September, 2023
- Famous places in ancient Rome: landmarks, monuments...19 September, 2023
- The best time to visit Rome
For More Information(0039) 338 7791615
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Why Choose It?
- Journey to the papal estate for a day in Rome’s beautiful countryside.
- Master unique recipes in a cooking class on the papal estate.
- Explore the beautiful town of Castel Gandolfo and Barberini Gardens.
Escape the frenetic energy of the Eternal City for a heaven-sent day in the surrounding hillside. Our exclusive collaboration with the Vatican Museums brings you an indulgent day of culture and cuisine, exploring the papal palace and landscaped Barberini Gardens and taking part in a hands-on cooking class in which you’ll master age-refined recipes originating from the papal estate.
Castel Gandolfo is the most idyllic retreat in the Roman countryside, benefiting from an exquisite spot overlooking the fantastically sapphire volcanic lake. Before the popes, the emperor Domitian built a summer villa here in the first century AD, the ruins of which are within the estate of the Pontifical Villas. Discover what drew them to the area on this unforgettable day trip.
Venture from the Vatican into the Roman countryside
We’ve laid on luxury transport to take you into the Roman countryside. Traveling south of the city along the Via Appia, you’ll pass rolling hills and lush landscapes as you ascend above the Eternal City.
Upon arriving in the tranquil town of Castel Gandolfo, you’ll accompany your expert guide across the square and into the Apostolic Palace that’s served as the popes’ summer residence since the 16th century.
Tour the pope’s private apartments in the Apostolic Palace
Starting off in the palace’s small museum, which Pope Francis recently opened to the public to display the papacy’s treasures, we’ll discover the fascinating history of the popes and enjoy sweeping views over the sapphire waters of Lake Albano.
We’ll then make our way up to the second floor to wander the storied hallways of the pope’s private apartments. Furnished in ancient carrara marble, these apartments tell the fascinating stories of the popes who lived here. Your guide will walk you through the protocol and procedure of their prestigious visitors and provide a fascinating insight into their private lives here.
Embark on a hands-on cooking class on the papal estate
Leaving the Apostolic Palace, you’ll be met by private transport to take you the short distance through the papal estate to our converted farmhouse – the location of your cooking class. Our fluent English-speaking chef will welcome you with a wine and antipasti reception to whet your palette before your unforgettable cooking experience.
Learn how to master recipes refined over generations in this fun, hands-on cooking class. Using ingredients sourced exclusively from the papal estate, you’ll be making a pasta dish and dessert to indulge on over lunch. Best of all, we’ll email you the recipes so you can replicate them at home to impress friends and family.
Explore the sculpted Barberini Gardens
The Barberini Gardens are among the most beautiful in Italy. With sweeping panoramas over Rome and the Tyrrhenian Sea in the distance, they’re home to a wealth of ancient and apostolic treasures from an imperial palace and amphitheater to a range of themed landscaped gardens.
We’ve laid on eco-friendly transport to take you through these lush, sculpted gardens. Your guide will nourish you with the knowledge of their history, taking you from the time of Romulus and Remus to the present-day papacy of Pope Francis. Along the way, you’ll have the chance to stop off and explore various sites and gardens for stunning photo opportunities.
Finish in the town square of Castel Gandolfo
Spend the rest of the afternoon exploring the quaint town of Castel Gandolfo, enjoying views over the sapphire waters of Lake Albano, and relaxing over a coffee or gelato in the historic town square. You’ll then meet your driver who will accompany you back to Rome, refreshed and relaxed.
*This tour requires a minimum of 3 and permits a maximum of 8 participants.
Itinerary:Apostolic Palace tourCooking Class and LunchBarberini Gardens tourFree time in Castel Gandolfo
Included:Round-trip transfer from RomeLicensed guideTransport around Castel GandolfoCooking Class and Lunch
Wheelchair accessible:Not for shared tours. Guests with limited mobility are encouraged to visit our private tour page.
Meeting Point:Piazza Barberini in front of Hotel Bernini
Our guides are fluent in English and have a contagious passion for the inspiring cultural heritage of our Italian cities. Experts in their fields, they will immerse you in the hidden histories and intriguing lives of history's great protagonists. So much to see, so easy to miss out: with the help of our guides, visit the most absorbing sites and uncover the stories that have changed the world. Don't miss this fascinating journey!
- M2233BTrobertlTerrific Trastevere Food Tour with Luca! Luca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature.... read moreLuca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature. By the end of the evening we felt that we had spent a nice time with a new friend. read less - 10/03/2022
- Darren RA must do experience This cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through... read moreThis cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through the market to pick out some of the ingredients, the meats and such. Then we went back to their excellent small group kitchen. We had a wonderful time learning from Sara. She taught us to make ravioli and saltimbocca and tiramisu. It was fun and relaxed and extremely delicious. We thought the whole experience was splendid. 10 out of 10. read less - 9/26/2022
- genevieverbBest Food Tour We Took! My fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of... read moreMy fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of different food and even returned to one of the restaurants later in the week. The tour groups are kept small, so our group easily got to know each other throughout the tour. We were especially pleased with how accommodating it was: My fiance is a vegetarian and can be a bit of a picky eater, so he had low expectations going in and this ended up being his favorite activity all week! We actually had a couple of vegetarians in our group and there was always an equally hearty substitute whenever necessary. Super pleased with this experience and with Luca! Best part of our week! read less - 9/21/2022
- Emily WWorth every penny. What an evening! This was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and... read moreThis was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and get to know other travellers. The small group size made it much more personal and conversation flowed all evening! Sara (our guide) was absolutely amazing - so friendly and chatty, and so full of knowledge about the local food and Rome/Trastevere's history. She could not have been better.
I'll be coming back to Rome and will definitely be booking this again. Thank you so much, Sara, for making my first trip to Rome that much better! read less - 9/21/2022
- mrsmac0912Delicious food from fabulous foody Luca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our... read moreLuca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our time together unforgettable.
Most appreciated was his offer to remain a resource for the duration of our visit with DELICIOUS recommendations off the tourist path.
Well done Luca!!! read less - 9/11/2022
- uscimcA Must Do Tour of Sistine Chapel Amazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a... read moreAmazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a small group of 9. Just 2 families. She was great. She does this 4 days a week and all the guards knew her by name. If you want to see the Sistine Chapel, then you have to go early. We were one of the first to enter and with her connections basically did not wait on anything. We also entered a section in the Vatican Museums usually off limits to the public, a section with many animal statues and other mosaics. She gave us so much history and culture. My children said it was AP World History made real. You could tell she truly loved what she did. read less - 8/29/2022
- dvorahl2022Best tour ever. Martha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was... read moreMartha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was a very hot summer day and she always looks for ways to give us the information under the shade before we went into the sun. I highly recommend this company and Martha as well. It was very easy to make the reservation and pay. We took the private tour and was perfect. 3 hours that feel like Half hour . We didn’t do any limes to get into the places. Know that if you go by yourself or in other yours you could be up to 2 hours under the sun to get into the coliseum or forum. I highly recommend the private tour. read less - 8/05/2022
- michelleSheiowitzGreat Food Stroll with Luca We did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour... read moreWe did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour and Luca!! read less - 7/30/2022