Immerse yourself in Italian history and culture through cuisine
Culinary experiences: for a better way to visit and enjoy Italy feed your curiosity for Italian cooking and culture through indulgent culinary experiences.
Showing 33–64 of 66 results
Jewish Ghetto and Trastevere Food Tour | PrivateIndulge all five senses on this carefully crafted tour. Discover the neighborhoods of the Jewish Ghetto and Trastevere - home to some of Rome's finest cuisine - to sample the culinary delights you wouldn’t find alone.
Fromon request3:30 h11:00 am / 5:00 pmPrivate Tour
La Cucina Ebraica Romana – Roman Jewish Cooking | PrivateNot many know that Jewish cooking lies at the heart of Roman cuisine. But classics like carciofi alla giudia have long been city staples. Learn to make them today on our private cooking class.
Fromon request4:00 hOn RequestPrivate Class
Learn to Row Like a Gondolier | Kids and FamiliesHave you ever wondered how Venetian gondoliers manage to navigate their gondolas through the small canals of the city, just by paddling on one side? Here is your chance to find out as you experience something unique, unforgettable and, most importantly, entertaining!
Fromon request2:00 hVariedSpecific for Kids
Master Parmigiana and Gnocchi Making with Farmers Market Shopping | PrivateSource your fresh ingredients from a local farmers' market. Then go against the grain of making pizza and pasta by trying your hand at making gnocchi and blissful parmigiana.
Fromon request3:00 hOn RequestPrivate Class
Naples & Capri Tour from Rome | PrivateMost PopularFall under Naples' captivating spell as you explore the treasures of its center. Then take a private boat or ferry over to the glamorous island of Capri
From10:00 hOn RequestPrivate Tour
Orientation Tour of Florence with Accademia Gallery | PrivateExplore Florence’s perfectly preserved historical center and condense its unrivalled collection of artworks into a day of cultural discovery.
Fromon request3:00 hOn RequestPrivate Tour
Orientation Tour of Florence with Uffizi Gallery | PrivateSkip the LineExplore the medieval center of Florence with your own private guide and discover the unparalleled treasures of the Uffizi Gallery.
Fromon request4:00 hOn RequestPrivate Tour
Pasta Making and Tiramisù Class | Small GroupMost PopularMaster the art of making fresh pasta and classic tiramisù and become the envy of your food-loving friends.
Fromon request3:00 h5:30 pmSmall Group
Pizza Making and Gelato Class | PrivateBest SellerChannel your inner pizzaiolo and join us on making your own delicious pizza, all under the guidance of our experienced and friendly Italian chef. Then top it all off with delicious, homemade gelato.
Fromon request2:30 hOn RequestPrivate Class
Pizza Making and Gelato Class | Small GroupBest SellerWith our pizza making and gelato class, you'll be getting creative in the kitchen as you learn to make two of Italy’s most delicious food delights.
Fromon request3:00 h5:30 pmSmall Group
Pompeii & Amalfi Coast Tour from Rome | PrivateBest SellerExplore the miraculously preserved ruins of Pompeii, a city frozen in time, before roaming the colorful paradise of Amalfi - a chic coastline bursting with life.
Fromon request10:00 h7:00/7:30 amPrivate Tour
Roman Shore Excursion: Colosseum & Private Cooking Class | PrivateJourney from coast to capital to discover ancient Rome’s timeless wonders. Then recreate the culinary delights of the Eternal City through an unforgettable cooking class.
Fromon request9:00 h09:00 amPrivate Tour
Secrets of Southern Italy: Lecce, Otranto & Gallipoli | PrivateDiscover the secrets of Southern Italy on this immersive full-day itinerary.
Fromon request1508:30Private Tour
Trastevere Food Tour | Small GroupMost PopularSpecial OfferIndulge in a culinary journey of modern and traditional Roman cuisine through the trendiest neighborhood in the city, Trastevere. Eat like a local and grab a taste of Rome.
From€993:00 h5:00 pmSmall Group
Triple the Roman Experience: Sistine Chapel, Colosseum & Italian Cooking Class | PrivateSkip the LineDiscover the Eternal City's top two sites before rounding off your day with your own hands-on cooking class. Pasta and tiramisù or pizza and gelato - whatever you want to master.
Triple the Rome Shore Excursion: Sistine Chapel, Colosseum & Italian Cooking Class | PrivateSkip the LineIf you don’t have time to explore the Eternal City in depth, but want to enjoy an unforgettable day admiring art, architecture and food, this private guided tour is for you.
Fromon request10:00 hOn RequestPrivate Tour
True Roman Experience: Colosseum & Private Cooking Class | PrivateSkip the LineRelive the wonder of ancient Rome within the legendary walls of the Colosseum. Then be transported back to the present for a hands-on cooking class.
Fromon request6:00 h09:00 amPrivate Tour
Tuscany Wine & Cheese Tour from Rome or Florence | PrivateVisit the jewels in the Tuscan crown on this food and wine-tasting and sightseeing tour, exploring Pienza and either Montalcino or Montepulciano.
Italy is a truly foodie paradise. There are lots of reasons to visit it from North to South, but surely food is on top of the list. Feed your curiosity for Italian cooking and culture through indulgent culinary experiences. Whether you are staying in Rome, Florence, Venice or elsewhere in Italy, there are many ways to better satisfy every palate. The art of cooking is a delicious, unforgettable way to immerse yourself in Italian history and culture, but also to make memorable encounters, to visit renowned institutions and unusual places, to support local artisans, to find beautiful gifts to bring back to those you love.
Discover the most beautiful Italian cities from a culinary point of view
Because local cuisine is an important facet of the cultural discovery of a country let us advise you on the most beautiful and interesting gourmet routes in the main Italian cities. Local food will no longer hold any secrets for you.
Have experiences that combine few but important elements: visit restaurants where you can eat the best food in town that the guides don’t mention and enjoy Italian cuisine like never before.
You will be guided by a local expert who really knows the city and its cuisine and who will explain the foods you will taste, their history and their tradition. With the city as a backdrop you will walk around the most important and historical places, you will see the main monuments and buildings, so take pictures to take home.
Gourmet tours of Italian cities, to each his own!
A multitude of possibilities are available to you to discover, in a few hours, the foundations of the local cuisine of any Italian city. From Rome to Naples, from Florence to Venice there are many experiences to do:
- visit a city or some of its typical neighborhoods, to explore its rich and unique history, while enjoying gourmet stops and tastings (restaurants, specialized stalls, delicatessens, and so on);
- during each trip, live a progressive dinner and savor a complete menu, take the opportunity to learn more about the products, the food and wine pairings, the history of the place and its essential attractions at each stage;
- explore in depth a typical market (its history, its emblematic characters, the products found there) and its surroundings (bars and restaurants frequented by locals);
- in many Italian cities, as the most discerning gourmets you can look for the foodtrucks and find the local street food and enjoy a gourmet meal on the go, at one of the many street vendors;
- discover targeted products (beers, wines, distillates) and the good products likely to accompany them (cheeses, cold meats and other local specialties) or certain specific culinary influences (Jewish cuisine, Chinese cuisine, Mexican cuisine, etc.);
- meet a local English-speaking chef in his kitchen and take part in a demonstration – taste the local culinary history, discover the origins of foods, and their preparation;
- take part in a cooking class and create a menu from freshly local sourced products and enjoy a friendly, convivial setting;
- explore a historical, cultural or natural hotspot (a museum, a national park, an idyllic beach…) and be served a meal prepared by a local chef.
Come and learn how Italian cuisine are central to the local culture and social lifestyle, synonym with conviviality and shared passion for the territory. It is up to you to choose!
Discover the Italian cities with Walks Inside Rome
For more than 20 years, Walks Inside Rome has been offering immersive, authentic, and educational private and small-group tours in the Eternal City and other beautiful Italy’s destinations.
Our team of local, licensed guides are seasoned experts in art, history, archaeology and food. Our combined expertise and experience transforms your time in Italy into something truly exceptional.
Plan your culinary tour at the start of your stay and take the opportunity to get lots of good addresses of restaurants and gourmet shops for your meals. From one experience to another, different criteria come into play to find the gourmet activity that best meets your expectations.
To check out our catalogue of food tours and experiences, visit our website or contact us directly. We can’t wait to hear from you so we can customize your own Rome travel guide and start exploring together!
- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence Small Group Tours
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
For More Informations(0039) 334 7243374
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Let's start exploring together!