Request Your Tour
- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence Small Group Tours
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
- The best time to visit Rome27 September, 2023
- How many days in Rome is enough?19 September, 2023
- Famous places in ancient Rome: landmarks, monuments...19 September, 2023
- The best time to visit Rome
For More Information(0039) 338 7791615
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Why Choose It?
- Discover Pienza: a stunning 15th century town and the capital of pecorino cheese.
- Explore Montalcino or Montepulciano - two towns that have aged as well as their wines.
- Journey through the Tuscan countryside in private luxury van/vehicle with an expert driver.
Indulge your palate in some of the low-hanging fruits of Pienza, Montalcino or Montepulciano. This full-day private tour from Rome or Florence transports you deep into the Tuscan countryside for a culinary and cultural adventure around Italy’s most viticulturally renowned region.
Driving through Tuscany is an experience in itself. As you cruise along in your air-conditioned car, your journey leads you through a landscape of rolling hills, wild olive groves, and bursting vineyards. But it’s what awaits you that makes the journey really worthwhile.
Discover the 15th century town of Pienza
We first reach the town of Pienza which, thanks to the generous patronage of Pope Pius II, is one of the most authentically Renaissance towns in Italy. We visit the main square, home to some of the towns most evocative buildings: the Duomo, the Palazzo Comunale,the Palazzo Borgia, and the Piccolomini.
We then soak in the stunning panoramic views over the beautiful Val d’Orcia and indulge in a lunch involving some delicious ‘pecorino’ (cheese made with sheep’s milk) – Pienza’s globally beloved local product.
Marvel at the wonders of Montalcino
Just an hour south of Siena, across folding hills and winding rivers, stands the medieval hill-town of Montalcino. It’s an affluent town, sustained by the trickling effects of world-renowned viticulture and a steady stream of local and international tourism. Yet it’s also unspoilt – a true Tuscan treasure dotted with enoteche wine bars and quaint delicatessens.
Montalcino’s most famous export is its Brunello di Montalcino. Made from 100% sangiovese grapes, this DOCG wine (Denomination of Controlled and Guaranteed Origin), which boasts considerable longevity, is enjoyed throughout the world. Taste it here at the source, accompanied by a special pairing of cured meats and select local cheeses.
Or lose yourself among the magnificence of Montepulciano
Instead of Montalcino, your private tour can stop by the town of Montepulciano. Best known for its eponymous wine, this medieval walled city is just as ripe in Renaissance architecture. Climbing one of its vantage points for a breathtaking panoramic over Chianti is truly an unforgettable experience.
The vineyards surrounding Montepulciano’s walled centre produce some of the best wine in Italy. Indulge to your hearts content with as you pair these wines with a range of select regional delicacies before we make our scenic journey back to the Eternal City.
Itinerary:PienzaMontepulciano or MontalcinoCheese and Wine Degustation
Included:Private English-speaking driverPrivate licensed guide (upon request)
Not Included:Cheese and wine degustation to be paid on spot
Wheelchair accessible:Yes. (Itinerary may differ).
Meeting Point:Hotel (Rome or Florence)
Our guides are fluent in English and have a contagious passion for the inspiring cultural heritage of our Italian cities. Experts in their fields, they will immerse you in the hidden histories and intriguing lives of history's great protagonists. So much to see, so easy to miss out: with the help of our guides, visit the most absorbing sites and uncover the stories that have changed the world. Don't miss this fascinating journey!
- M2233BTrobertlTerrific Trastevere Food Tour with Luca! Luca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature.... read moreLuca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature. By the end of the evening we felt that we had spent a nice time with a new friend. read less - 10/03/2022
- Darren RA must do experience This cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through... read moreThis cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through the market to pick out some of the ingredients, the meats and such. Then we went back to their excellent small group kitchen. We had a wonderful time learning from Sara. She taught us to make ravioli and saltimbocca and tiramisu. It was fun and relaxed and extremely delicious. We thought the whole experience was splendid. 10 out of 10. read less - 9/26/2022
- genevieverbBest Food Tour We Took! My fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of... read moreMy fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of different food and even returned to one of the restaurants later in the week. The tour groups are kept small, so our group easily got to know each other throughout the tour. We were especially pleased with how accommodating it was: My fiance is a vegetarian and can be a bit of a picky eater, so he had low expectations going in and this ended up being his favorite activity all week! We actually had a couple of vegetarians in our group and there was always an equally hearty substitute whenever necessary. Super pleased with this experience and with Luca! Best part of our week! read less - 9/21/2022
- Emily WWorth every penny. What an evening! This was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and... read moreThis was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and get to know other travellers. The small group size made it much more personal and conversation flowed all evening! Sara (our guide) was absolutely amazing - so friendly and chatty, and so full of knowledge about the local food and Rome/Trastevere's history. She could not have been better.
I'll be coming back to Rome and will definitely be booking this again. Thank you so much, Sara, for making my first trip to Rome that much better! read less - 9/21/2022
- mrsmac0912Delicious food from fabulous foody Luca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our... read moreLuca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our time together unforgettable.
Most appreciated was his offer to remain a resource for the duration of our visit with DELICIOUS recommendations off the tourist path.
Well done Luca!!! read less - 9/11/2022
- uscimcA Must Do Tour of Sistine Chapel Amazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a... read moreAmazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a small group of 9. Just 2 families. She was great. She does this 4 days a week and all the guards knew her by name. If you want to see the Sistine Chapel, then you have to go early. We were one of the first to enter and with her connections basically did not wait on anything. We also entered a section in the Vatican Museums usually off limits to the public, a section with many animal statues and other mosaics. She gave us so much history and culture. My children said it was AP World History made real. You could tell she truly loved what she did. read less - 8/29/2022
- dvorahl2022Best tour ever. Martha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was... read moreMartha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was a very hot summer day and she always looks for ways to give us the information under the shade before we went into the sun. I highly recommend this company and Martha as well. It was very easy to make the reservation and pay. We took the private tour and was perfect. 3 hours that feel like Half hour . We didn’t do any limes to get into the places. Know that if you go by yourself or in other yours you could be up to 2 hours under the sun to get into the coliseum or forum. I highly recommend the private tour. read less - 8/05/2022
- michelleSheiowitzGreat Food Stroll with Luca We did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour... read moreWe did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour and Luca!! read less - 7/30/2022