Immerse yourself in Italian history and culture through cuisine
Culinary experiences: for a better way to visit and enjoy Italy feed your curiosity for Italian cooking and culture through indulgent culinary experiences.
Showing 1–16 of 65 results
Authentic Gondola Ride | PrivateExperience the City of Canals in the most memorable way possible, on a relaxing 30-minute authentic gondola ride through Venice. Sail past the historic sites and popular landmarks of Venice on this private 30-minute gondola ride and experience first-hand why the city is considered one of the most romantic in the world!
Fromon requestAsk Now30 minutes hVariedPrivate
Bologna & Emilia Romagna Custom Tour | PrivateBest SellerNestled between the River Po and the Apennine Mountains, the Emilia Romagna region is one of the most fertile and fascinating regions of Italy
Fromon requestAsk Now3 hOn RequestPrivate
Cooking with Nonna: Gnocchi, Meatballs and Panna Cotta ClassPerfect the art of making three traditional recipes on our Cooking with Nonna: Gnocchi, Meatballs and Panna Cotta class!
Fromon requestBook Now3:00 h9:00 amSmall Group
Day Trip to the Pope’s Summer Residence at Castel Gandolfo with Cooking Experience | PrivateMost PopularEmbark on an exclusive full-day trip to the Pope's summer residence. Enjoy the finely-landscaped gardens, apostolic palace, and use ingredients from the organic farm to create an exceptional meal.
Fromon requestAsk Now8:00 hOn RequestPrivate
Day Trip to the Pope’s Summer Residence at Castel Gandolfo with Cooking Experience | Small GroupBest SellerVenture into the Alban Hills for a day of indulgence at Castel Gandolfo followed by a unique culinary journey in the 17th-century papal estate.
From€199Book Now8:00 h8:00 am (Monday); 9:00 am (Saturday)Small Group
Double the Roman Experience: Vatican Tour & Authentic Italian Cooking Class | PrivateSkip the LineEnthral the kids are you as explore the Vatican. Our tailored itinerary will thrill and engage them while you get to visit the Vatican's highlights and curiosities.
Fromon requestAsk Now6:00 hOn RequestPrivate
Double the Rome Shore Excursion: Vatican Tour & Authentic Italian Cooking Class | PrivateDiscover quintessential Rome through a VIP tour around the Vatican, culminating in a cookery course in a Renaissance palace.
Fromon requestAsk Now9:00 hOn RequestPrivate
Farmers’ Market Shopping with Roman Full Course Class | PrivateSource seasonal ingredients from a local market and use them to make true Roman cuisine. Then sit back and indulge in your culinary creations. Buon appetito!
Fromon requestAsk Now5:00 hOn RequestPrivate Class
Farmers’ Market Shopping with Roman Full Course Class | SharedMost PopularSource seasonal ingredients from a market, bring them together to make true Italian cuisine, and then sit back and savor your culinary creations. Buon appetito!
Fromon requestBook Now4:00 h10:00 am/9:30 am/Small Group
Full Day Sistine Chapel, Pope’s Summer Residence plus Cooking Class & Lunch | PrivateBest SellerExperience the Vatican and Sistine Chapel all to yourself, visit the Pope's summer residence in Castel Gandolfo, and cook your own sumptuous lunch at the Pope's organic estate.
Fromon requestAsk Now8:00 h07:00 amPrivate
Italy is a truly foodie paradise. There are lots of reasons to visit it from North to South, but surely food is on top of the list. Feed your curiosity for Italian cooking and culture through indulgent culinary experiences. Whether you are staying in Rome, Florence, Venice or elsewhere in Italy, there are many ways to better satisfy every palate. The art of cooking is a delicious, unforgettable way to immerse yourself in Italian history and culture, but also to make memorable encounters, to visit renowned institutions and unusual places, to support local artisans, to find beautiful gifts to bring back to those you love.
Discover the most beautiful Italian cities from a culinary point of view
Because local cuisine is an important facet of the cultural discovery of a country let us advise you on the most beautiful and interesting gourmet routes in the main Italian cities. Local food will no longer hold any secrets for you.
Have experiences that combine few but important elements: visit restaurants where you can eat the best food in town that the guides don’t mention and enjoy Italian cuisine like never before.
You will be guided by a local expert who really knows the city and its cuisine and who will explain the foods you will taste, their history and their tradition. With the city as a backdrop you will walk around the most important and historical places, you will see the main monuments and buildings, so take pictures to take home.
Gourmet tours of Italian cities, to each his own!
A multitude of possibilities are available to you to discover, in a few hours, the foundations of the local cuisine of any Italian city. From Rome to Naples, from Florence to Venice there are many experiences to do:
- visit a city or some of its typical neighborhoods, to explore its rich and unique history, while enjoying gourmet stops and tastings (restaurants, specialized stalls, delicatessens, and so on);
- during each trip, live a progressive dinner and savor a complete menu, take the opportunity to learn more about the products, the food and wine pairings, the history of the place and its essential attractions at each stage;
- explore in depth a typical market (its history, its emblematic characters, the products found there) and its surroundings (bars and restaurants frequented by locals);
- in many Italian cities, as the most discerning gourmets you can look for the foodtrucks and find the local street food and enjoy a gourmet meal on the go, at one of the many street vendors;
- discover targeted products (beers, wines, distillates) and the good products likely to accompany them (cheeses, cold meats and other local specialties) or certain specific culinary influences (Jewish cuisine, Chinese cuisine, Mexican cuisine, etc.);
- meet a local English-speaking chef in his kitchen and take part in a demonstration – taste the local culinary history, discover the origins of foods, and their preparation;
- take part in a cooking class and create a menu from freshly local sourced products and enjoy a friendly, convivial setting;
- explore a historical, cultural or natural hotspot (a museum, a national park, an idyllic beach…) and be served a meal prepared by a local chef.
Come and learn how Italian cuisine are central to the local culture and social lifestyle, synonym with conviviality and shared passion for the territory. It is up to you to choose!
Discover the Italian cities with Walks Inside Rome
For more than 20 years, Walks Inside Rome has been offering immersive, authentic, and educational private and small-group tours in the Eternal City and other beautiful Italy’s destinations.
Our team of local, licensed guides are seasoned experts in art, history, archaeology and food. Our combined expertise and experience transforms your time in Italy into something truly exceptional.
Plan your culinary tour at the start of your stay and take the opportunity to get lots of good addresses of restaurants and gourmet shops for your meals. From one experience to another, different criteria come into play to find the gourmet activity that best meets your expectations.
To check out our catalogue of food tours and experiences, visit our website or contact us directly. We can’t wait to hear from you so we can customize your own Rome travel guide and start exploring together!
- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Sicily and Pantelleria
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids & Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
Most Popular Tours
Farmers’ Market Shopping with Roman Full Course Class | SharedSource seasonal ingredients from a market, bring them together to make true Italian cuisine, and then sit back and savor your culinary creations. Buon appetito!
Fromon requestBook Now4:00hSmall Group
VIP Colosseum Underground Tour and Ancient Rome | PrivateEmbark on a private tour of ancient Rome’s most enduring monuments with VIP access to the Colosseum, its underground and the Roman Forum with your expert guide.
Fromon requestAsk Now3:00hPrivate
For More Informations(0039) 334 7243374
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Let's start exploring together!