Discovering the history and secrets of the Vatican in an entertaining way
Are you planning a family trip to Italy? Whether it is for a weekend, a 3-day stay, or a longer holiday, before visiting Rome it is best to plan ahead and hire an expert local guide who can give you lots of ideas and practical advice for getting around and visiting the city, especially if you are traveling with kids in tow. The Eternal City is an open-air museum, there is so much to see and do. It offers many opportunities between history, art, and architecture, but also good food and entertainment. Once in the capital of Italy, it is impossible not to visit Vatican City, the smallest state in the world, the seat of the Christian Catholic Church. Experience a stress-free way to explore Vatican’s top attractions with Walks Inside Rome, book one of our Vatican tours now!
Enjoy your Rome trip with your kids
Going to Rome with your family is an opportunity to introduce your children to a mythical city, the cradle of Western civilization. The hardest thing in Rome is not knowing what to visit, but rather what not to visit, there is so much to see. Discovering Roman monuments such as the Colosseum, the Pantheon, the Forum, you will find yourself taking a journey through time. Almost 30 centuries of history unfold before your eyes in every corner of the capital of Italy.
But in addition to exploring the vestiges of Roman civilization, with a local expert guide by your side you can explore the Vatican’s vast collection of extraordinary works of art and architecture through a fun-filled, entertaining, and engaging itinerary. An educational, interactive, and artistic discovery game will allow children to encounter the Vatican’s famous highlights and discover many of its hidden treasures. Our treasure hunt at the Vatican for kids engages and entertains your little travelers, enthralling them with its fascinating history and awe-inspiring art.
Our best Vatican tours for families
Vatican City is a must-see among the things to see and do in Rome. All its beauty is enclosed in a small area of the city. It is the only entire country on the UNESCO World Heritage List. The history behind its walls is not in the textbooks and this is one of the main reasons to visit it with a specialized guide who explains and contextualizes and brings artworks to life through beguiling stories and gamified activities.
Enjoy our best Vatican tours for families:
- Once in St. Peter’s Square, you can’t help but admire Bernini’s stunning colonnade. In the evening, the lights on the columns and in Via della Conciliazione give a unique atmosphere.
- Enter the magnificent St. Peter’s Basilica, the largest and most prestigious church in Christendom. No church is like St. Peter’s. Everything you find inside these walls is art – the frescoes and works are among the best in all of history, so it is unthinkable to visit Vatican City without entering its true beating heart.
- Visit the wonderful Vatican Museums, one of the largest art places in the world. Here you can find all the works that the Popes have accumulated over the centuries and you have the opportunity to literally cover the entire history of humanity. Here you can admire the Raphael Rooms, the Vatican Pinacoteca, the Helical Staircase, the Carriage Pavilion, and the Gallery of Geographical Maps.
- A very important stop is the Sistine Chapel and Michelangelo’s frescoes, one of the most beautiful masterpieces in the entire history of art in the world and the real heart of the Vatican Museums which will leave you and your children breathless.
- Visit the Vatican Gardens, a unique and peaceful place in the middle of the Eternal City which for many centuries has been offering walks and rest to the popes.
- Visit the ancient papal palaces, the apartments, discover the tapestries, the collection of ancient sculptures of Greek and Roman mythology.
It’s impossible to miss such a sight! So, if you want to keep your kids busy while visiting the Vatican simply choose a private tour designed to entertain the whole family at your own pace. Moreover, to save time and avoid waiting hours at the entrance, all of our Vatican tours offer skip-the-line tickets.
Make the most of your family holiday to one of the world’s most fascinating cities with Walks Inside Rome
Walks Inside Rome is a family-run company of travel services and guided tours that was established in Rome over 20 years ago. We have cultivated excellent connections throughout Rome and Italy and are proud supporters of the restoration work of the Vatican Museums.
Thanks to our English-speaking official and professional guides, including kid-friendly art historians and archaeologists, we allow you to experience private tours of the Vatican perfect for kids and adults alike.
We offer unforgettable experiences for first-time visitors and seasoned travelers and all our tours can be combined and customized to meet your needs and interests.
Come and visit Rome in a different way in its unusual and secret side. We are open 7 days a week. For any questions and for any further information contact us! You can fill out the form on our website, send us an email, call us or chat with us on WhatsApp. We look forward to welcoming you soon!