- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence Small Group Tours
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
- The best time to visit Rome27 September, 2023
- How many days in Rome is enough?19 September, 2023
- Famous places in ancient Rome: landmarks, monuments...19 September, 2023
- The best time to visit Rome
For More Information(0039) 338 7791615
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Why Choose It?
- Journey through the iconic amphitheater symbolizing ancient Rome.
- Explore the cradle of ancient Rome in the Roman Forum and views of Palatine Hill.
- Experience all this and more in a small, intimate group with a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 8 guests.
Step through the Gladiator’s Gate and out onto the Colosseum’s arena floor on this immersive small-group tour of no more than 6. Your expert guide will walk you through Italy’s most enduring and iconic landmark, taking you beneath the surface of the Rome of the Popes to uncover the City of the Caesars. Then dive into the heart of the world’s first global empire as you venture from the Colosseum into the Roman Forum.
Rome’s influence can still be felt throughout the western world – in government, engineering, architecture, language, and literature. Your journey towards discovering it starts at the majestic Colosseum.
Step through the Gladiator’s Gate – still standing after almost 2,000 years
As a symbol of the Roman Empire’s global power, the Colosseum is a must-visit when in Rome. The amphitheater’s endurance pays testament to the genius of Roman engineering. Within its walls were some of the most barbaric spectacles of antiquity, sanctioned by the state to keep the masses happy.
Your guide will bring the ancient arena back to life, recreating its spectacles, introducing you to its spectators, and letting you in on the secrets of how this amphitheater worked. After stepping through the Gladiator’s Gate, you’ll explore the upper levels of the world’s most famous stadium, immersing yourself in the history of the powerful – and often merciless – Roman Empire.
We then venture into the Roman Forum
The Roman Forum contains dozens of monuments, each with its own unique story. But only an expert guide can do the Roman Forum the justice it deserves. Among some of Rome’s most ruined ruins lie some fascinating treasures. Treasures which offer up many clues into how Romans lived, loved, worshipped, and entertained.
We’ll pass by the Arch of Titus, which shows the treasures stolen from Jerusalem and used to fund building the Colosseum. We’ll visit the Temple of Saturn, one of the city’s oldest structures dating back to the 5th century BC. And we’ll visit temples not to gods but to emperors and empresses who, having died, were declared gods: the temples of Vespasian, Antoninus Pius, and Faustina.
Saving the most spectacular sights until last, we view the Palatine Hill
Historically, the Palatine Hill is the most important of Rome’s Seven Hills. Romulus founded Rome on the Palatine Hill (his ill-fated brother instead set up camp on the Aventine). It was always home to Rome’s rich and famous. And over time it became the favored place for the emperors to build their elaborate palaces. In fact, it is from “Palatine” that we get our word “palace”.
The Palatine Hill is home to several sites that have recently reopened to the public, including the House of Augustus, House of Livia, and Nero’s Domus Transitoria. We don’t enter these sites on our Gladiator’s Gate small-group tour, but we can arrange your guided visit on our Private Ancient Rome tour.
** Minimum of two participants required for each small group tour. **
Itinerary:ColosseumArch of ConstantineRoman ForumPalatine Hill (view)Capitoline Hill (view)
Included:Skip-the-line priority entranceLicensed guide
Wheelchair accessible:Not for small group tours. Guests with limited mobility are encouraged to visit our private tour page.
Meeting Point:In front of the metro station Colosseo, by the green souvenir kiosque.
Show on Map
Our guides are fluent in English and have a contagious passion for the inspiring cultural heritage of our Italian cities. Experts in their fields, they will immerse you in the hidden histories and intriguing lives of history's great protagonists. So much to see, so easy to miss out: with the help of our guides, visit the most absorbing sites and uncover the stories that have changed the world. Don't miss this fascinating journey!
- M2233BTrobertlTerrific Trastevere Food Tour with Luca! Luca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature.... read moreLuca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature. By the end of the evening we felt that we had spent a nice time with a new friend. read less - 10/03/2022
- Darren RA must do experience This cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through... read moreThis cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through the market to pick out some of the ingredients, the meats and such. Then we went back to their excellent small group kitchen. We had a wonderful time learning from Sara. She taught us to make ravioli and saltimbocca and tiramisu. It was fun and relaxed and extremely delicious. We thought the whole experience was splendid. 10 out of 10. read less - 9/26/2022
- genevieverbBest Food Tour We Took! My fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of... read moreMy fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of different food and even returned to one of the restaurants later in the week. The tour groups are kept small, so our group easily got to know each other throughout the tour. We were especially pleased with how accommodating it was: My fiance is a vegetarian and can be a bit of a picky eater, so he had low expectations going in and this ended up being his favorite activity all week! We actually had a couple of vegetarians in our group and there was always an equally hearty substitute whenever necessary. Super pleased with this experience and with Luca! Best part of our week! read less - 9/21/2022
- Emily WWorth every penny. What an evening! This was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and... read moreThis was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and get to know other travellers. The small group size made it much more personal and conversation flowed all evening! Sara (our guide) was absolutely amazing - so friendly and chatty, and so full of knowledge about the local food and Rome/Trastevere's history. She could not have been better.
I'll be coming back to Rome and will definitely be booking this again. Thank you so much, Sara, for making my first trip to Rome that much better! read less - 9/21/2022
- mrsmac0912Delicious food from fabulous foody Luca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our... read moreLuca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our time together unforgettable.
Most appreciated was his offer to remain a resource for the duration of our visit with DELICIOUS recommendations off the tourist path.
Well done Luca!!! read less - 9/11/2022
- uscimcA Must Do Tour of Sistine Chapel Amazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a... read moreAmazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a small group of 9. Just 2 families. She was great. She does this 4 days a week and all the guards knew her by name. If you want to see the Sistine Chapel, then you have to go early. We were one of the first to enter and with her connections basically did not wait on anything. We also entered a section in the Vatican Museums usually off limits to the public, a section with many animal statues and other mosaics. She gave us so much history and culture. My children said it was AP World History made real. You could tell she truly loved what she did. read less - 8/29/2022
- dvorahl2022Best tour ever. Martha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was... read moreMartha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was a very hot summer day and she always looks for ways to give us the information under the shade before we went into the sun. I highly recommend this company and Martha as well. It was very easy to make the reservation and pay. We took the private tour and was perfect. 3 hours that feel like Half hour . We didn’t do any limes to get into the places. Know that if you go by yourself or in other yours you could be up to 2 hours under the sun to get into the coliseum or forum. I highly recommend the private tour. read less - 8/05/2022
- michelleSheiowitzGreat Food Stroll with Luca We did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour... read moreWe did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour and Luca!! read less - 7/30/2022