Request Your Tour
- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence Small Group Tours
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
For More Information(0039) 338 7791615
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Why Choose It?
- Skip the regular lines to ensure privileged entrance to the Vatican.
- Customize the morning exactly to your liking on this exclusive, private tour.
- Choose your own itinerary or let our expert guide you through the highlights.
Experience a personal tour of the Vatican‘s collection with your own private, licensed guide an hour before the masses arrive. Described as one of the best experiences in Rome, this tour takes you on a journey of discovery. Revere priceless masterpieces of the Renaissance together with sculptures and mosaics from antiquity. All part of the papal collection. All waiting for you to discover.
Taking a private tour means you can customize your time in the Eternal City’s epicenter to include exactly what you want. The Sistine Chapel, Saint Peter’s Basilica, and the Vatican Museums‘ mind-blowing collection await you, but so too do such wonders as the stunning mosaics of the Cabinet of Masks and the unforgettable frescoes of the Raphael Rooms.
Spend time among the hauntingly lifelike statues of the Gallery of the Candelabra, explore the cartographical masterpieces of the Gallery of Maps, and lose yourself in the incredibly intricate decorations adorning the walls of the Gallery of Tapestries. After your private three or four-hour tour, you’ll feel you’ve truly experienced the Vatican.
Experience exclusive access to the Cabinet of Masks
The Cabinet of Masks, named after the mosaics in the room’s center taken from Hadrian’s Villa at Tivoli, can’t boast the same frescoes as the Raphael Rooms. It can, however, claim one of the Vatican’s most stunning collection of statues. Among the sculptures on display are the marvelous Three Graces, a nymph which was a favorite of Goethe, and several statues of Aphrodite – the Greek goddess of love.
Meet the Laocoön – a statue soaked in pathos
Discovered on the Esquiline in 1506 (though sculpted perhaps 1,500 years earlier), the Laocoön statue is one of antiquity’s undisputed masterpieces. Mentioned by Pliny the Elder, Mount Vesuvius’ most famous victim, the artwork depicts one of the most famous scenes from the Trojan War in which the gods punish a Trojan priest named Laocoön for revealing the Greeks’ trickery and warning them not to lead the wooden horse into Troy’s walls.
Dragged into the sea by a serpent along with his two young sons, the statue powerfully captures Laocoon’s agonizing desperation – a helpless father struggling in vain to save his children. The Vatican is home to a host of other ancient statues you can choose from, including dozens of busts of Roman emperors and the Pantheon of gods they worshipped.
Explore the Vatican Museums’ exquisite galleries
Your Private Early Morning Vatican tour offers you the opportunity to choose from any of the Vatican’s most prized highlights, many of which lie off the museum’s beaten path. Immerse yourself in the statues of the Gallery of the Candelabra, nourish yourself with the knowledge of how medieval geographers understood the world around them in the immersive Gallery of Maps.
You then have the chance to lose yourself in the intricate detail of Flemish designs in the ornate Gallery of Tapestries to see the masterful frescoes of the Raphael Rooms which most say rival those of Michelangelo.
Pay homage to Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel
Marvel at Michelangelo’s masterpiece, the Sistine Chapel, in the peace and tranquility it deserves, practically alone and free from any crowds. Your specialist guide will inject life into the frescoes of this private papal chapel, bringing it to life and crafting a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Discover the story behind Michelangelo’s creation of the Last Judgement, see if you can spot key figures and scenes on the Sistine Chapel Ceiling – even try to identify Michelangelo himself who painted his self-portrait into the torso of a certain saint.
Soak in the sights of Saint Peter’s Basilica
The final Vatican highlight on your complete early morning Vatican experience is the majestic Saint Peter’s Basilica. Admire its marvelous mosaics, still cared for by the Vatican Mosaic School, and come face to face with Michelangelo’s Pieta, and Bernini’s Baldachin in all their resplendent glory.
Conclude your private adventure outside the basilica, in Saint Peter’s Square, where the Pope still holds his audiences. In the shade of the ancient Egyptian Vatican obelisk, you can absorb the incredible experience of having had the morning in the Vatican to yourself.
Many consider our Vatican Early Morning Tour as being “one of the best experiences in Rome.”
Book yours today and experience it for yourself.
*Please note, shoulders and knees need to be covered during the tour. No vests, shorts, or skirts above the knee will be allowed inside the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica.*
Itinerary:Vatican Museums highlightsSpecial opening of Cabinet of MasksRaphael RoomsGallery of the CandelabraGallery of MapsGallery of TapestriesSistine ChapelSaint Peter's BasilicaSaint Peter's Square
Included:Private guidePriority entrance before general opening
Meeting Point:Vatican Museums entrance (under the statue of Michelangelo and Raphael)
Show on Map
Our guides are fluent in English and have a contagious passion for the inspiring cultural heritage of our Italian cities. Experts in their fields, they will immerse you in the hidden histories and intriguing lives of history's great protagonists. So much to see, so easy to miss out: with the help of our guides, visit the most absorbing sites and uncover the stories that have changed the world. Don't miss this fascinating journey!
- M2233BTrobertlTerrific Trastevere Food Tour with Luca! Luca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature.... read moreLuca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature. By the end of the evening we felt that we had spent a nice time with a new friend. read less - 10/03/2022
- Darren RA must do experience This cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through... read moreThis cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through the market to pick out some of the ingredients, the meats and such. Then we went back to their excellent small group kitchen. We had a wonderful time learning from Sara. She taught us to make ravioli and saltimbocca and tiramisu. It was fun and relaxed and extremely delicious. We thought the whole experience was splendid. 10 out of 10. read less - 9/26/2022
- genevieverbBest Food Tour We Took! My fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of... read moreMy fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of different food and even returned to one of the restaurants later in the week. The tour groups are kept small, so our group easily got to know each other throughout the tour. We were especially pleased with how accommodating it was: My fiance is a vegetarian and can be a bit of a picky eater, so he had low expectations going in and this ended up being his favorite activity all week! We actually had a couple of vegetarians in our group and there was always an equally hearty substitute whenever necessary. Super pleased with this experience and with Luca! Best part of our week! read less - 9/21/2022
- Emily WWorth every penny. What an evening! This was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and... read moreThis was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and get to know other travellers. The small group size made it much more personal and conversation flowed all evening! Sara (our guide) was absolutely amazing - so friendly and chatty, and so full of knowledge about the local food and Rome/Trastevere's history. She could not have been better.
I'll be coming back to Rome and will definitely be booking this again. Thank you so much, Sara, for making my first trip to Rome that much better! read less - 9/21/2022
- mrsmac0912Delicious food from fabulous foody Luca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our... read moreLuca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our time together unforgettable.
Most appreciated was his offer to remain a resource for the duration of our visit with DELICIOUS recommendations off the tourist path.
Well done Luca!!! read less - 9/11/2022
- uscimcA Must Do Tour of Sistine Chapel Amazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a... read moreAmazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a small group of 9. Just 2 families. She was great. She does this 4 days a week and all the guards knew her by name. If you want to see the Sistine Chapel, then you have to go early. We were one of the first to enter and with her connections basically did not wait on anything. We also entered a section in the Vatican Museums usually off limits to the public, a section with many animal statues and other mosaics. She gave us so much history and culture. My children said it was AP World History made real. You could tell she truly loved what she did. read less - 8/29/2022
- dvorahl2022Best tour ever. Martha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was... read moreMartha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was a very hot summer day and she always looks for ways to give us the information under the shade before we went into the sun. I highly recommend this company and Martha as well. It was very easy to make the reservation and pay. We took the private tour and was perfect. 3 hours that feel like Half hour . We didn’t do any limes to get into the places. Know that if you go by yourself or in other yours you could be up to 2 hours under the sun to get into the coliseum or forum. I highly recommend the private tour. read less - 8/05/2022
- michelleSheiowitzGreat Food Stroll with Luca We did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour... read moreWe did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour and Luca!! read less - 7/30/2022