- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence Small Group Tours
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
- The best time to visit Rome27 September, 2023
- How many days in Rome is enough?19 September, 2023
- Famous places in ancient Rome: landmarks, monuments...19 September, 2023
- The best time to visit Rome
For More Information(0039) 338 7791615
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Why Choose It?
- Priority entrance.
- Wander the Vatican Museum's fabled halls one hour before the general opening.
- Hone in on the highlights of the Vatican's vast collection.
- Soak in the Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter's Square
*A maximum of 8-10 participants are permitted for our Early Morning Vatican tour.
Step inside the Vatican with our Early Morning tour. Your priority entrance and knowledgeable, licensed guide will open the door to a whole new world of discovery. After this 3.5-hour Early Morning Vatican tour, you’ll feel that you have truly experienced the Vatican. Priceless art meets intriguing history to create this once-in-a-lifetime experience, all at your fingertips, all waiting to be explored.
Your Early Morning Vatican tour will start with a brief introduction of what you are about to experience. Then you’ll enter the Eternal City’s epicenter an hour before the general opening as your expert guide accompanies you on a journey through the Vatican Museums‘ expansive collection. Among the treasures you’ll encounter are Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel, the beautifully detailed Flemish artworks of the Gallery of Tapestries, and the lifelike statues of the Gallery of the Candelabra.
Marvel at Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel
Revere Michelangelo’s ultimate work, the Sistine Chapel, in the peace and introspective quiet it deserves with hardly any crowds. Your specialist licensed guide will bring the frescoes of the private papal chapel to life, shaping a once-in-a-lifetime experience amidst the world’s most stunning pieces of art.
Learn the story behind Michelangelo’s creation of the Last Judgement, identify key figures and scenes on the Sistine Chapel Ceiling – even see if you can spot Michelangelo himself who painted his self-portrait into the torso of Saint Peter.
Embark on an artistic odyssey through the Vatican Museums
Our Early Morning Vatican itinerary is specifically designed to lead you through the seemingly overwhelming amount of art in the Vatican Museums in a manner that allows you to appreciate each period—Roman, Medieval, Renaissance, and Baroque—with comprehension and contemplation.
Every step through the Vatican Museums is a step through history. Your expert guide will bring history to life with anecdotes about the artists, legends from the sculptures, tales about the paintings, and curiosities that line each gallery.
Meet the Laocoon – a statue exuding emotion
Discovered in 1506 and dating back around 1,500 years earlier, the Laocoon statue is one of the ancient world’s undisputed masterpieces. Mentioned by Pliny the Elder, a victim of Vesuvius in 79 AD, the statue depicts the famous scene from the Trojan War in which Laocoön, a Trojan priest, is punished for revealing the Greeks’ trickery to his fellow Trojans warning them not to let their wooden horse into the city.
Claimed by a sea serpent along with his two sons, the statue powerfully captures Laocoon’s agony – a desperate father struggling in vain to save his children. But this isn’t the only statue from antiquity in the Vatican Museums; lose yourself among the busts of the emperors who ruled Rome and the pantheon of gods they worshiped.
Explore the Vatican Museums’ famed galleries
Your Early Morning Vatican tour grants you exclusive access to the Vatican’s most prized highlights, some of which are off the museum’s beaten path. Surround yourself with the stunning statues of the Gallery of the Candelabra. Nourish yourself with the knowledge of how geographers once understood their world in the immersive Gallery of Maps.
Lose yourself in the intricate, immaculate Flemish fabrics that adorn the wall of the Gallery of Tapestries. Then make your way to marvel at the masterful frescoes of the Raphael Rooms which many say rival those of Michelangelo. And when you come face to face with Michelangelo’s Last Judgement, you can be the one who has the last say.
Finish your adventure in Saint Peter’s Basilica
Your tour finishes in Saint Peter’s Square, where the Pope holds his audience. Here in the shadow of the Vatican’s ancient Egyptian obelisk – brought to Rome by the emperor Caligula – you can take time to reflect on an incredible morning of exploring all the Vatican has to offer.
The Vatican Early Morning Tour is regarded as “one of the best experiences in Rome.”
*Please note, shoulders and knees need to be covered during the tour. No vests, shorts, or skirts above the knee will be allowed inside the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica.*
Itinerary:Sistine ChapelVatican MuseumsRaphael RoomsGallery of the CandelabraGallery of MapsGallery of TapestriesSaint Peter's BasilicaSaint Peter's Square
Included:8:00 a.m. priority entrance ticketsExpert, licensed guide
Wheelchair accessible:Not for small group tours. Guests with limited mobility are encouraged to visit our private tour page.
Meeting Point:Vatican Museums entrance (under the statue of Michelangelo and Raphael)
Show on Map
Our guides are fluent in English and have a contagious passion for the inspiring cultural heritage of our Italian cities. Experts in their fields, they will immerse you in the hidden histories and intriguing lives of history's great protagonists. So much to see, so easy to miss out: with the help of our guides, visit the most absorbing sites and uncover the stories that have changed the world. Don't miss this fascinating journey!
- M2233BTrobertlTerrific Trastevere Food Tour with Luca! Luca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature.... read moreLuca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature. By the end of the evening we felt that we had spent a nice time with a new friend. read less - 10/03/2022
- Darren RA must do experience This cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through... read moreThis cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through the market to pick out some of the ingredients, the meats and such. Then we went back to their excellent small group kitchen. We had a wonderful time learning from Sara. She taught us to make ravioli and saltimbocca and tiramisu. It was fun and relaxed and extremely delicious. We thought the whole experience was splendid. 10 out of 10. read less - 9/26/2022
- genevieverbBest Food Tour We Took! My fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of... read moreMy fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of different food and even returned to one of the restaurants later in the week. The tour groups are kept small, so our group easily got to know each other throughout the tour. We were especially pleased with how accommodating it was: My fiance is a vegetarian and can be a bit of a picky eater, so he had low expectations going in and this ended up being his favorite activity all week! We actually had a couple of vegetarians in our group and there was always an equally hearty substitute whenever necessary. Super pleased with this experience and with Luca! Best part of our week! read less - 9/21/2022
- Emily WWorth every penny. What an evening! This was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and... read moreThis was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and get to know other travellers. The small group size made it much more personal and conversation flowed all evening! Sara (our guide) was absolutely amazing - so friendly and chatty, and so full of knowledge about the local food and Rome/Trastevere's history. She could not have been better.
I'll be coming back to Rome and will definitely be booking this again. Thank you so much, Sara, for making my first trip to Rome that much better! read less - 9/21/2022
- mrsmac0912Delicious food from fabulous foody Luca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our... read moreLuca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our time together unforgettable.
Most appreciated was his offer to remain a resource for the duration of our visit with DELICIOUS recommendations off the tourist path.
Well done Luca!!! read less - 9/11/2022
- uscimcA Must Do Tour of Sistine Chapel Amazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a... read moreAmazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a small group of 9. Just 2 families. She was great. She does this 4 days a week and all the guards knew her by name. If you want to see the Sistine Chapel, then you have to go early. We were one of the first to enter and with her connections basically did not wait on anything. We also entered a section in the Vatican Museums usually off limits to the public, a section with many animal statues and other mosaics. She gave us so much history and culture. My children said it was AP World History made real. You could tell she truly loved what she did. read less - 8/29/2022
- dvorahl2022Best tour ever. Martha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was... read moreMartha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was a very hot summer day and she always looks for ways to give us the information under the shade before we went into the sun. I highly recommend this company and Martha as well. It was very easy to make the reservation and pay. We took the private tour and was perfect. 3 hours that feel like Half hour . We didn’t do any limes to get into the places. Know that if you go by yourself or in other yours you could be up to 2 hours under the sun to get into the coliseum or forum. I highly recommend the private tour. read less - 8/05/2022
- michelleSheiowitzGreat Food Stroll with Luca We did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour... read moreWe did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour and Luca!! read less - 7/30/2022