Request Your Tour
- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence Small Group Tours
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
For More Information(0039) 334 7243374
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Why Choose It?
- Absorb more than 2,000 years of history and culture.
- Witness the ethereal beauty of the Sistine Chapel's frescoes.
- Marvel at the miraculous relics housed inside Saint Peter's Basilica.
You are on holiday in Italy, so why not make the most of Rome during a visit of the Vatican Museums, the magical atmosphere of the Sistine Chapel and a guided tour inside the most important Catholic Church in the world, St. Peter’s Basilica. Marvel at the miraculous relics housed inside it. Walks Inside Rome will be able to take you on a best Sistine Chapel Tour to admire the ethereal beauty of its frescoes.
A Vatican and Sistine Chapel private tour will take you through the splendor of the Rome of the Popes. A dedicated expert English-speaking guide has selected the very best of the Vatican’s collection, and condensed it just for you. So you can be sure that during your time in the Vatican City you don’t miss anything.
A guided tour with an official and private guide
In the company of an expert guide, you will visit the main sections of the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel. An unforgettable guided tour inside the splendid Vatican City which house one of the largest collections of masterpieces in the world.
- The fascinating experience in the Eternal City begins with the astonishing collection of the many masterpieces of the Vatican Museums. Here important works of art from the Egyptian period to the end of the Renaissance are kept, ancient statues such as the mythological Laocoon, the Apollo Belvedere and you have the opportunity to admire the magnificence of the Raphael Rooms and his frescoes, absolutely not to be missed once you are in the Italian capital.
- The Sistine Chapel is so famous that it almost needs no introduction. Impossible not to visit this incredible mix of paintings by the most glorious artists, such as Botticelli, Perugino, Ghirlandaio that adorn walls. However, they are quite literally overshadowed by the masterpiece above: Michelangelo’s frescoes decorate the Sistine Chapel’s ceiling, depicting Old Testament scenes as rich as meaning as they are in color. Your seasoned guide will you explain the history and hidden meaning of the fresco. Admiring the creation of Adam or the Day of Judgment created by Buonarroti means experiencing a strong emotion, spending time in silent contemplation there would be such a pleasure. Nowadays, it still serves as the Pope’s personal chapel.
- The final stop (for tours lasting an additional hour) is the famous St. Peter’s Basilica, a true concentrate of beauty and majesty. Here there are the dome designed by Michelangelo and several world-renowned artworks as Michelangelo’s Pietà and Bernini’s Baldachin, a huge bronze sculpture which stands above the main altar – where it is located the presumed tomb of St. Peter – made in the 17th century. At the end of the visit, outside Saint Peter’s Basilica, in the center of Saint Peter’s Square stands an obelisk brought to Rome by the mad emperor Caligula. This large square is known above all for the “Urbi et Orbi” blessings pronounced by the Pope at Easter and Christmas.
Discover the Sistine Chapel with Walks Inside Rome
For over 20 years Walks Inside Rome, a travel and guided tour agency, has been offering immersive, authentic and educational private and small-group tours in the Eternal City and beyond.
Our team of licensed local guides are experts in art, history, archaeology and food, a combined expertise and experience which transforms your stay in Rome into something truly exceptional.
To consult our catalog of tours and experiences, please visit our website or contact us directly. We can’t wait to hear from you so we can customize your Sistine Chapel Tour, Vatican Museum and St. Peter’s Basilica and start exploring together!
**A three-hour tour is also available which excludes St Peter’s Basilica, concluding instead in St Peter’s Square.**
- Itinerary:Vatican Museums highlightsSistine ChapelSaint Peter's Basilica (optional inside)Saint Peter's SquareCustomizable additional extras
- Included:Skip-the-line ticketsPrivate licensed guide
- Wheelchair accessible:Yes.
- Meeting Point:Vatican Museums entrance (under the statue of Michelangelo and Raphael)
Our guides are fluent in English and have a contagious passion for the inspiring cultural heritage of our Italian cities. Experts in their fields, they will immerse you in the hidden histories and intriguing lives of history's great protagonists. So much to see, so easy to miss out: with the help of our guides, visit the most absorbing sites and uncover the stories that have changed the world. Don't miss this fascinating journey!
Best tour ever. Martha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was... read moreMartha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was a very hot summer day and she always looks for ways to give us the information under the shade before we went into the sun. I highly recommend this company and Martha as well. It was very easy to make the reservation and pay. We took the private tour and was perfect. 3 hours that feel like Half hour . We didn’t do any limes to get into the places. Know that if you go by yourself or in other yours you could be up to 2 hours under the sun to get into the coliseum or forum. I highly recommend the private tour. read less - 8/05/2022
Great Food Stroll with Luca We did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour... read moreWe did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour and Luca!! read less - 7/30/2022
Amazon tour and guide! We toured the colosseum and underground with Gigi on Wednesday and had a great time. He was so knowledgeable and fun, he really made the tour a highlight for us.... read moreWe toured the colosseum and underground with Gigi on Wednesday and had a great time. He was so knowledgeable and fun, he really made the tour a highlight for us. I would recommend him to anyone wanting a great tour of Rome!!!-- read less - 7/07/2022
Delizioso! Our guide, Luca, was amazing! We enjoyed tastes of Rome that we would never have experienced on our own including the best cannoli I have ever tasted! Our 11 year... read moreOur guide, Luca, was amazing! We enjoyed tastes of Rome that we would never have experienced on our own including the best cannoli I have ever tasted! Our 11 year old was impressed with the pasta and the roasted pork. My husband and I enjoyed the very unique pizza. Luca was very informative and friendly and everything was so delicious. Go - and go hungry! read less - 7/06/2022
- Matthew S
Bike tour and cooking class, outstanding! We have done several tours with Walks Inside Rome over the years, and they are always incredible. This year we chose the Appian Way bike tour and the three pastas... read moreWe have done several tours with Walks Inside Rome over the years, and they are always incredible. This year we chose the Appian Way bike tour and the three pastas of Rome cooking class. Both of them were unforgettable!
First, the bike tour. I am a klutz, and the last time I was on a bike I had such a bad crash I never thought I’d do it again, but this was something my husband had wanted to do for a long time, so I nervously agreed. Our guid, Fabrizio, was amazing. He was patient with me and before long the beauty and aromas of the Via Appia Antica melted my fear. We got to experience the city I love so dearly I. A unique way, get some exercise, and learn so much about the city’s history. I absolutely recommend this experience, and we’re thankful we had Fabrizio as our guide. He was great!
That evening we got to celebrate my survival with the cooking class! Davide was our chef and he too was outstanding! Caccio e pepe, carbonara, and amatriciana are the three pastas. The class was wonderful. We were welcomed with Prosecco and a selection of cheeses, meats and olives. I’m a vegetarian but wanted to learn to make everything and was planning to just eat the caccio e pepe, but Davide grabbed some extra tomatoes and we made a pomodoro sauce that’s the best I’ve ever had just a wonderful experience! The location is beautiful, which adds to the ambience. Amazing as always, WIR! read less - 6/24/2022
Foodie walking tour of Trestaverde Luca was outstanding as our guide for our foodie walking tour of Trestaverde. Very knowledgeable, fun and easy going. Explained every stop and why each stop was selected. Also... read moreLuca was outstanding as our guide for our foodie walking tour of Trestaverde. Very knowledgeable, fun and easy going. Explained every stop and why each stop was selected. Also provided interesting history of the area. We would highly recommend Luca to anyone. read less - 6/23/2022
Great Tour Great experience, though we had 9 in our group instead of 6. Our tour group met in front of the Vatican Museum entrance just before 7:30 and entered right... read moreGreat experience, though we had 9 in our group instead of 6. Our tour group met in front of the Vatican Museum entrance just before 7:30 and entered right at 8am. Our guide Cecilia was extremely knowledgeable and spoke great English. Plenty of time to take pictures along the tour as well. We ended our tour in St Peter’s Basilica, but stayed longer to go see the catacombs. We were there probably 4 hours total. Would not have been the same experience in a larger group or later in the day. read less - 6/11/2022