Request Your Tour
- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence Small Group Tours
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
- How many days in Rome is enough?19 September, 2023
- Famous places in ancient Rome: landmarks, monuments...19 September, 2023
- Golf Cart Tour with a Food Experience1 August, 2023
- How many days in Rome is enough?
For More Information(0039) 338 7791615
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Why Choose It?
- Absorb more than 2,000 years of history and culture.
- Witness the ethereal beauty of the Sistine Chapel's frescoes.
- Marvel at the miraculous relics housed inside Saint Peter's Basilica.
You are on holiday in Italy, so why not make the most of Rome during a visit of the Vatican Museums, the magical atmosphere of the Sistine Chapel and a guided tour inside the most important Catholic Church in the world, St. Peter’s Basilica. Marvel at the miraculous relics housed inside it. Walks Inside Rome will be able to take you on a best Sistine Chapel Tour to admire the ethereal beauty of its frescoes.
A Vatican and Sistine Chapel private tour will take you through the splendor of the Rome of the Popes. A dedicated expert English-speaking guide has selected the very best of the Vatican’s collection, and condensed it just for you. So you can be sure that during your time in the Vatican City you don’t miss anything.
A guided tour with an official and private guide
In the company of an expert guide, you will visit the main sections of the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel. An unforgettable guided tour inside the splendid Vatican City which house one of the largest collections of masterpieces in the world.
- The fascinating experience in the Eternal City begins with the astonishing collection of the many masterpieces of the Vatican Museums. Here important works of art from the Egyptian period to the end of the Renaissance are kept, ancient statues such as the mythological Laocoon, the Apollo Belvedere and you have the opportunity to admire the magnificence of the Raphael Rooms and his frescoes, absolutely not to be missed once you are in the Italian capital.
- The Sistine Chapel is so famous that it almost needs no introduction. Impossible not to visit this incredible mix of paintings by the most glorious artists, such as Botticelli, Perugino, Ghirlandaio that adorn walls. However, they are quite literally overshadowed by the masterpiece above: Michelangelo’s frescoes decorate the Sistine Chapel’s ceiling, depicting Old Testament scenes as rich as meaning as they are in color. Your seasoned guide will you explain the history and hidden meaning of the fresco. Admiring the creation of Adam or the Day of Judgment created by Buonarroti means experiencing a strong emotion, spending time in silent contemplation there would be such a pleasure. Nowadays, it still serves as the Pope’s personal chapel.
- The final stop (for tours lasting an additional hour) is the famous St. Peter’s Basilica, a true concentrate of beauty and majesty. Here there are the dome designed by Michelangelo and several world-renowned artworks as Michelangelo’s Pietà and Bernini’s Baldachin, a huge bronze sculpture which stands above the main altar – where it is located the presumed tomb of St. Peter – made in the 17th century. At the end of the visit, outside Saint Peter’s Basilica, in the center of Saint Peter’s Square stands an obelisk brought to Rome by the mad emperor Caligula. This large square is known above all for the “Urbi et Orbi” blessings pronounced by the Pope at Easter and Christmas.
Discover the Sistine Chapel with Walks Inside Rome
For over 20 years Walks Inside Rome, a travel and guided tour agency, has been offering immersive, authentic and educational private and small-group tours in the Eternal City and beyond.
Our team of licensed local guides are experts in art, history, archaeology and food, a combined expertise and experience which transforms your stay in Rome into something truly exceptional.
To consult our catalog of tours and experiences, please visit our website or contact us directly. We can’t wait to hear from you so we can customize your Sistine Chapel Tour, Vatican Museum and St. Peter’s Basilica and start exploring together!
**A three-hour tour is also available which excludes St Peter’s Basilica, concluding instead in St Peter’s Square.**
Itinerary:Vatican Museums highlightsSistine ChapelSaint Peter's Basilica (optional inside)Saint Peter's SquareCustomizable additional extras
Included:Skip-the-line ticketsPrivate licensed guide
Meeting Point:Vatican Museums entrance (under the statue of Michelangelo and Raphael)
Our guides are fluent in English and have a contagious passion for the inspiring cultural heritage of our Italian cities. Experts in their fields, they will immerse you in the hidden histories and intriguing lives of history's great protagonists. So much to see, so easy to miss out: with the help of our guides, visit the most absorbing sites and uncover the stories that have changed the world. Don't miss this fascinating journey!
- M2233BTrobertlTerrific Trastevere Food Tour with Luca! Luca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature.... read moreLuca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature. By the end of the evening we felt that we had spent a nice time with a new friend. read less - 10/03/2022
- Darren RA must do experience This cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through... read moreThis cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through the market to pick out some of the ingredients, the meats and such. Then we went back to their excellent small group kitchen. We had a wonderful time learning from Sara. She taught us to make ravioli and saltimbocca and tiramisu. It was fun and relaxed and extremely delicious. We thought the whole experience was splendid. 10 out of 10. read less - 9/26/2022
- genevieverbBest Food Tour We Took! My fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of... read moreMy fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of different food and even returned to one of the restaurants later in the week. The tour groups are kept small, so our group easily got to know each other throughout the tour. We were especially pleased with how accommodating it was: My fiance is a vegetarian and can be a bit of a picky eater, so he had low expectations going in and this ended up being his favorite activity all week! We actually had a couple of vegetarians in our group and there was always an equally hearty substitute whenever necessary. Super pleased with this experience and with Luca! Best part of our week! read less - 9/21/2022
- Emily WWorth every penny. What an evening! This was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and... read moreThis was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and get to know other travellers. The small group size made it much more personal and conversation flowed all evening! Sara (our guide) was absolutely amazing - so friendly and chatty, and so full of knowledge about the local food and Rome/Trastevere's history. She could not have been better.
I'll be coming back to Rome and will definitely be booking this again. Thank you so much, Sara, for making my first trip to Rome that much better! read less - 9/21/2022
- mrsmac0912Delicious food from fabulous foody Luca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our... read moreLuca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our time together unforgettable.
Most appreciated was his offer to remain a resource for the duration of our visit with DELICIOUS recommendations off the tourist path.
Well done Luca!!! read less - 9/11/2022
- uscimcA Must Do Tour of Sistine Chapel Amazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a... read moreAmazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a small group of 9. Just 2 families. She was great. She does this 4 days a week and all the guards knew her by name. If you want to see the Sistine Chapel, then you have to go early. We were one of the first to enter and with her connections basically did not wait on anything. We also entered a section in the Vatican Museums usually off limits to the public, a section with many animal statues and other mosaics. She gave us so much history and culture. My children said it was AP World History made real. You could tell she truly loved what she did. read less - 8/29/2022
- dvorahl2022Best tour ever. Martha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was... read moreMartha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was a very hot summer day and she always looks for ways to give us the information under the shade before we went into the sun. I highly recommend this company and Martha as well. It was very easy to make the reservation and pay. We took the private tour and was perfect. 3 hours that feel like Half hour . We didn’t do any limes to get into the places. Know that if you go by yourself or in other yours you could be up to 2 hours under the sun to get into the coliseum or forum. I highly recommend the private tour. read less - 8/05/2022
- michelleSheiowitzGreat Food Stroll with Luca We did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour... read moreWe did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour and Luca!! read less - 7/30/2022