Request Your Tour
- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence Small Group Tours
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
- How many days in Rome is enough?19 September, 2023
- Famous places in ancient Rome: landmarks, monuments...19 September, 2023
- Golf Cart Tour with a Food Experience1 August, 2023
- How many days in Rome is enough?
For More Information(0039) 338 7791615
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Why Choose It?
- Walk on the same floor as the gladiators of antiquity.
- Maximise your time without waiting in line on this express Colosseum tour.
- Enjoy skip-the-line entry to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.
Experience ancient Rome from the perspective of those who lived it through our Express Arena Floor Colosseum tour. Entering through the Colosseum’s Gladiator’s Gate, you’ll stand on the arena floor of the Colosseum, gazing down at its labyrinthine underground, and learning all about the savage scenes and spectacles from almost 2,000 years ago.
After exploring the world’s most iconic ancient monument, your expert guide will walk you over to the Roman Forum or Palatine Hill and scan you in, granting you access to its attractions. While our guide won’t be joining you for the rest of the tour, you can follow in the footsteps of the emperors, senators, and ordinary citizens of the former caput mundi (head of the world) as you explore the Roman Forum. Discover the temples, basilicas, and other fascinating monuments that tell the story of Rome’s ascendancy to an imperial power and climb the Palatine Hill to see where it all began.
Meet outside the Colosseum before entering through the Gladiator’s Gate
With timed, skip-the-line tickets, you and your guide will step straight inside the Colosseum. Instead of arriving where all other visitors do, however, you’ll walk through the Gladiator’s Gate to emerge on the ancient level of the arena floor. Standing on a wooden reconstruction of the original arena floor, you’ll be treated to a 360° panorama of the entire ancient amphitheater.
As you gaze down into the Colosseum Underground and up into its ancient stands, your expert guide will bring this monumental amphitheater’s history to life. Discover the scenes that took place when the Colosseum was inaugurated and find out how the Colosseum was designed to accommodate such spectacles.
Discover the wonders of the Colosseum with your expert licensed guide
As well as bringing you exclusive access to the Colosseum Arena Floor, this express Colosseum tour also grants you access to the Colosseum’s upper levels. Get an expert’s insight into the secrets of this iconic monument. Learn about the lives of those who fought and died here as you gaze down on the amphitheater’s floor. And discover the different kinds of gladiators – what separated the best from the rest and how they inscribed their names in immortality.
Please note that you won’t be able to re-enter after leaving the Colosseum (though after this express Colosseum tour, you won’t feel you need to!)
Passing the Arch of Constantine, step into the Roman Forum
Crossing the short distance from the Colosseum to the entrance of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill, your guide will accompany you along the Via Sacra (Sacred Way) – the route victorious generals took for their triumphal military parades. Scanning you into this incredible archaeological site, you’ll then be left to explore for yourself, armed with a newfound knowledge of imperial Rome.
Passing the symbolically loaded Arch of Titus, you’ll tread the same cobblestones as some of the most famous names in history, visiting the site of Julius Caesar’s cremation and the platform from which the likes of Cicero delivered their speeches.
Exploring the Roman Forum’s many temples, you can enter the House of the Vestals, the living quarters of Rome’s virginal priestesses who kept the city’s symbolic hearth fire burning in the temple next door. Visit temples dedicated to gods and temples built in honor of the emperors. And retrace ancient daily life in the ruins of the Forum’s basilicas, monuments, and Curia (Senate House).
Explore the city’s cradle as you ascend the Palatine Hill
Romulus founded Rome on the Palatine Hill, constructing the ramparts here in the mid-8th century BC which his twin-brother fatefully transgressed. Eminent citizens of the Roman Republic had their homes here, most famously Cicero who paid millions in today’s money. When Rome was ruled by emperors, the imperial family’s palaces stretched across the Palatine Hill, providing such a vision of splendor that it’s given us our word ‘palace’.
Feed your curiosity as you explore the most fascinating of Rome’s Seven Hills, roaming it on your own or with the fellow travelers on your tour. Enjoying sweeping views over the Roman Forum and Colosseum in the distance, this is the perfect way to finish your adventure through ancient Rome.
Itinerary:Colosseum Arena FloorColosseumArch of Constantine
Included:Priority skip-the-line access to the Colosseum and arena floorPrivate licensed guide
Meeting Point:In front of the metro station Colosseo, by the green souvenir kiosque.
Show on Map
Our guides are fluent in English and have a contagious passion for the inspiring cultural heritage of our Italian cities. Experts in their fields, they will immerse you in the hidden histories and intriguing lives of history's great protagonists. So much to see, so easy to miss out: with the help of our guides, visit the most absorbing sites and uncover the stories that have changed the world. Don't miss this fascinating journey!
- M2233BTrobertlTerrific Trastevere Food Tour with Luca! Luca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature.... read moreLuca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature. By the end of the evening we felt that we had spent a nice time with a new friend. read less - 10/03/2022
- Darren RA must do experience This cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through... read moreThis cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through the market to pick out some of the ingredients, the meats and such. Then we went back to their excellent small group kitchen. We had a wonderful time learning from Sara. She taught us to make ravioli and saltimbocca and tiramisu. It was fun and relaxed and extremely delicious. We thought the whole experience was splendid. 10 out of 10. read less - 9/26/2022
- genevieverbBest Food Tour We Took! My fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of... read moreMy fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of different food and even returned to one of the restaurants later in the week. The tour groups are kept small, so our group easily got to know each other throughout the tour. We were especially pleased with how accommodating it was: My fiance is a vegetarian and can be a bit of a picky eater, so he had low expectations going in and this ended up being his favorite activity all week! We actually had a couple of vegetarians in our group and there was always an equally hearty substitute whenever necessary. Super pleased with this experience and with Luca! Best part of our week! read less - 9/21/2022
- Emily WWorth every penny. What an evening! This was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and... read moreThis was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and get to know other travellers. The small group size made it much more personal and conversation flowed all evening! Sara (our guide) was absolutely amazing - so friendly and chatty, and so full of knowledge about the local food and Rome/Trastevere's history. She could not have been better.
I'll be coming back to Rome and will definitely be booking this again. Thank you so much, Sara, for making my first trip to Rome that much better! read less - 9/21/2022
- mrsmac0912Delicious food from fabulous foody Luca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our... read moreLuca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our time together unforgettable.
Most appreciated was his offer to remain a resource for the duration of our visit with DELICIOUS recommendations off the tourist path.
Well done Luca!!! read less - 9/11/2022
- uscimcA Must Do Tour of Sistine Chapel Amazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a... read moreAmazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a small group of 9. Just 2 families. She was great. She does this 4 days a week and all the guards knew her by name. If you want to see the Sistine Chapel, then you have to go early. We were one of the first to enter and with her connections basically did not wait on anything. We also entered a section in the Vatican Museums usually off limits to the public, a section with many animal statues and other mosaics. She gave us so much history and culture. My children said it was AP World History made real. You could tell she truly loved what she did. read less - 8/29/2022
- dvorahl2022Best tour ever. Martha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was... read moreMartha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was a very hot summer day and she always looks for ways to give us the information under the shade before we went into the sun. I highly recommend this company and Martha as well. It was very easy to make the reservation and pay. We took the private tour and was perfect. 3 hours that feel like Half hour . We didn’t do any limes to get into the places. Know that if you go by yourself or in other yours you could be up to 2 hours under the sun to get into the coliseum or forum. I highly recommend the private tour. read less - 8/05/2022
- michelleSheiowitzGreat Food Stroll with Luca We did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour... read moreWe did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour and Luca!! read less - 7/30/2022