Request Your Tour
- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence Small Group Tours
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
- How many days in Rome is enough?19 September, 2023
- Famous places in ancient Rome: landmarks, monuments...19 September, 2023
- Golf Cart Tour with a Food Experience1 August, 2023
- How many days in Rome is enough?
For More Information(0039) 338 7791615
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Why Choose It?
- Visit Florence's most unmissable sites across the walkable historic center.
- See the Uffizi's world-famous masterpieces for yourself with an expert guide.
- Tour the highlights of the city.
Florence is so famous it hardly needs an introduction. As the city of the rich and powerful Medici, it produced many of history’s greatest artists who fuelled the Renaissance – Michelangelo, Leonardo Da’ Vinci, and Raphael. Have you always dreamed about exploring its winding cobbled streets and beholding its legacy for yourself? With our private Orientation Tour of Florence, you can do just this.
Florence is a surprisingly small city, and our day trip will take you through all of its highlights. Throughout the tour, our passionate, professional guide, who speaks your language fluently, will enliven your visit with stories and accounts about the city’s past. Giving you in-depth, engaging information that will bring the medieval city to life.
We start at Florence’s centerpiece – the Duomo.
The Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore (better known as the “Duomo“) has baffled architects for centuries. Began in the 13th century, its majestic cupola (dome) was conceived by Brunelleschi. Stylistically it marked the passage from Gothic to Renaissance architecture which spread from Florence to the rest of Europe. Just across from the Duomo stands the Baptistery. Recently reopened to the public, its beautiful bronze doors feature Old Testament scenes that were marveled at by contemporaries for their beauty and skillful execution.
From the Duomo it’s a short walk to the Ponte Vecchio.
Walking south from the Duomo takes you past other prominent sites such as Piazza della Signoria, the Ponte Vecchio. This was the historic heartland of the Florentine Republic. The towering Palazzo Vecchio, which overshadows the Piazza della Signoria, was the seat of government. Its fortress-like design speaks of the violence of the times. Leading from the Palazzo Vecchio along the Ponte Vecchio and across the River Arno is the Vasari Corridor, the Medici’s secret passageway. To get to Florence’s historical bridge, however, we must pass by the most famous offices (or “uffizi”) in the world – the Uffizi Gallery.
After exploring Florence’s center, we enter the Uffizi Gallery.
No tour to Florence would be complete without a visit to the Uffizi Gallery. Here you will get to see masterpieces of the Renaissance, and learn about the lives and styles of the artists who painted them. Marvel at the elegant linear figures of Botticelli in his famous Birth of Venus and “Primavera“. Bask in appreciation at the powerful bodies of Michelangelo and the pioneering genius of Leonardo Da Vinci. And take time to soak in Caravaggio and his masterful use of chiaroscuro (light and dark).
The Uffizi also houses stunning artworks from other periods. As well as ancient statues and medieval panels decorated with precious materials and lifting the viewer towards transcendent visions of the Virgin Mary with the infant Child Jesus, the Uffizi also houses collections of Mannerist artists, including Sebastiano del Piombo, Rosso Fiorentino, and Pontormo.
Finish by dining on the best food in Florence or visiting a landscaped garden.
The tour lasts 4 hours, but it can be customized to suit your needs. Want to enjoy some pappardelle (fresh pasta) with meat sauce or the famous crostini (Italian bruschetta topped with a delicious variety of sauces)? Florence is famous for its excellent restaurants, and we know just the best place to go according to your budget. If you have more time, we can arrange a tour of the parks and gardens of Florence, or of some of its lesser-known attractions.
With over 20 years of experience organizing tours, we know exactly how to craft a tour that perfectly meets all your needs. Feel free to get in touch with one of our team if you have any particular requirements.
Itinerary:Duomo of FlorenceBaptisteryPiazza della SignoriaPonte VecchioUffizi Gallery
Included:Skip-the-line entrancePrivate licensed tour guide
Meeting Point:Hotel Lobby
Our guides are fluent in English and have a contagious passion for the inspiring cultural heritage of our Italian cities. Experts in their fields, they will immerse you in the hidden histories and intriguing lives of history's great protagonists. So much to see, so easy to miss out: with the help of our guides, visit the most absorbing sites and uncover the stories that have changed the world. Don't miss this fascinating journey!
- M2233BTrobertlTerrific Trastevere Food Tour with Luca! Luca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature.... read moreLuca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature. By the end of the evening we felt that we had spent a nice time with a new friend. read less - 10/03/2022
- Darren RA must do experience This cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through... read moreThis cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through the market to pick out some of the ingredients, the meats and such. Then we went back to their excellent small group kitchen. We had a wonderful time learning from Sara. She taught us to make ravioli and saltimbocca and tiramisu. It was fun and relaxed and extremely delicious. We thought the whole experience was splendid. 10 out of 10. read less - 9/26/2022
- genevieverbBest Food Tour We Took! My fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of... read moreMy fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of different food and even returned to one of the restaurants later in the week. The tour groups are kept small, so our group easily got to know each other throughout the tour. We were especially pleased with how accommodating it was: My fiance is a vegetarian and can be a bit of a picky eater, so he had low expectations going in and this ended up being his favorite activity all week! We actually had a couple of vegetarians in our group and there was always an equally hearty substitute whenever necessary. Super pleased with this experience and with Luca! Best part of our week! read less - 9/21/2022
- Emily WWorth every penny. What an evening! This was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and... read moreThis was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and get to know other travellers. The small group size made it much more personal and conversation flowed all evening! Sara (our guide) was absolutely amazing - so friendly and chatty, and so full of knowledge about the local food and Rome/Trastevere's history. She could not have been better.
I'll be coming back to Rome and will definitely be booking this again. Thank you so much, Sara, for making my first trip to Rome that much better! read less - 9/21/2022
- mrsmac0912Delicious food from fabulous foody Luca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our... read moreLuca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our time together unforgettable.
Most appreciated was his offer to remain a resource for the duration of our visit with DELICIOUS recommendations off the tourist path.
Well done Luca!!! read less - 9/11/2022
- uscimcA Must Do Tour of Sistine Chapel Amazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a... read moreAmazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a small group of 9. Just 2 families. She was great. She does this 4 days a week and all the guards knew her by name. If you want to see the Sistine Chapel, then you have to go early. We were one of the first to enter and with her connections basically did not wait on anything. We also entered a section in the Vatican Museums usually off limits to the public, a section with many animal statues and other mosaics. She gave us so much history and culture. My children said it was AP World History made real. You could tell she truly loved what she did. read less - 8/29/2022
- dvorahl2022Best tour ever. Martha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was... read moreMartha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was a very hot summer day and she always looks for ways to give us the information under the shade before we went into the sun. I highly recommend this company and Martha as well. It was very easy to make the reservation and pay. We took the private tour and was perfect. 3 hours that feel like Half hour . We didn’t do any limes to get into the places. Know that if you go by yourself or in other yours you could be up to 2 hours under the sun to get into the coliseum or forum. I highly recommend the private tour. read less - 8/05/2022
- michelleSheiowitzGreat Food Stroll with Luca We did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour... read moreWe did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour and Luca!! read less - 7/30/2022