Request Your Tour
- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence Small Group Tours
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
- How many days in Rome is enough?19 September, 2023
- Famous places in ancient Rome: landmarks, monuments...19 September, 2023
- Golf Cart Tour with a Food Experience1 August, 2023
- How many days in Rome is enough?
For More Information(0039) 338 7791615
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Why Choose It?
- Master your art skills in this 4 hour private tour.
- Visit Caravaggio's works in the churches of Sant'Agostino and San Luigi dei Francesi.
- Learn about Caravaggio's techniques with the entire family.
Become a master of the brush and canvas, emanating the techniques of one of Italy’s greatest artists: Caravaggio. Mimic his true-to-life colors and awe-inspiring contrast whether you’re a beginner or a pro. Make it a family experience and discover your kids’ inner genius at the easel and palette by painting with Caravaggio.
A private tour begins your journey with a trip to Basilica di Sant’Agostino and Basilica di San Luigi dei Francesi. Both locations hold exquisite pieces by Caravaggio in the historical center of Rome. Then, venture into a nearby studio for the key to unlocking your inner artiste.
First Explore The Churches Hosting Caravaggio Paintings In The Historic Center
Nestled between the ancient Pantheon and astounding Piazza Navona are two basilicas. In a sea of churches flooding Rome, they may appear quite non-descript—however, both hold impressive masterpieces by Caravaggio.
His profound Madonna di Loreto is located in Basilica di Sant’Agostino. It depicts the Virgin Mary holding a baby with townsfolk kneeling at her feet. This piece in particular has gone under much criticism—especially at its inception. The baby is much too large to be newborn Jesus, and showing the bare, dirty feet of the townsfolk was considered blasphemous. There are several other secrets to this masterful work that our expert guide is more than eager to explain.
Boasting an impressive interior, the Basilica di San Luigi dei Francesi’s gilded ceiling and stunning frescoes inspire awe and admiration. The crème-de-la-crème, however, is the trifecta of Caravaggio paintings about the life of Saint Matthew. The first is The Calling of Saint Matthew in which Jesus inspires Matthew to follow him. The second is The Inspiration of Saint Matthew representing divine intervention with an angel appearing before Saint Matthew at his desk in order to write the Gospel of Saint Matthew. The third is The Martyrdom of Saint Matthew showcasing his death at the alter during mass.
All three of these paintings are impressive, no doubt. But with Caravaggio paintings, there’s always more than meets the eye. For instance, a self-portrait of the artist can be found in one of the three. Our art-historian guide is more than willing to share with you what lies beyond the canvas.
Then Create Your Own Caravaggio Painting
We lead you to an artist’s studio near Campo de’ Fiori in the heart of Rome’s historic center where you’ll meet Caravaggio, himself. Just kidding (he died in 1610), but you will meet a local artist whose expertise lies in Caravaggio’s groundbreaking techniques.
The contrasting shades between highly illuminated foregrounds and dramatically dim backgrounds puts your skills to the test. With the helping hand of our local artist, you’ll grasp Caravaggio’s methods and become a master of the brush and canvas.
Bring Your Family For a Fun Caravaggio Painting Experience
Our tour guide and local artist are not only experts in art history, but also family-friendly. Bring your kids and test their skills as a painter. Who knows, maybe you have the next Caravaggio-in-the-making. Join us for a combination of history, culture, and a hands-on experience at the easel.
Itinerary:San Luigi dei FrancesiBasilica di Sant'AgostinoArt Studio
Wheelchair accessible:Yes. (Itinerary may differ).
Meeting Point:Hotel Lobby
Our guides are fluent in English and have a contagious passion for the inspiring cultural heritage of our Italian cities. Experts in their fields, they will immerse you in the hidden histories and intriguing lives of history's great protagonists. So much to see, so easy to miss out: with the help of our guides, visit the most absorbing sites and uncover the stories that have changed the world. Don't miss this fascinating journey!
- M2233BTrobertlTerrific Trastevere Food Tour with Luca! Luca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature.... read moreLuca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature. By the end of the evening we felt that we had spent a nice time with a new friend. read less - 10/03/2022
- Darren RA must do experience This cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through... read moreThis cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through the market to pick out some of the ingredients, the meats and such. Then we went back to their excellent small group kitchen. We had a wonderful time learning from Sara. She taught us to make ravioli and saltimbocca and tiramisu. It was fun and relaxed and extremely delicious. We thought the whole experience was splendid. 10 out of 10. read less - 9/26/2022
- genevieverbBest Food Tour We Took! My fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of... read moreMy fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of different food and even returned to one of the restaurants later in the week. The tour groups are kept small, so our group easily got to know each other throughout the tour. We were especially pleased with how accommodating it was: My fiance is a vegetarian and can be a bit of a picky eater, so he had low expectations going in and this ended up being his favorite activity all week! We actually had a couple of vegetarians in our group and there was always an equally hearty substitute whenever necessary. Super pleased with this experience and with Luca! Best part of our week! read less - 9/21/2022
- Emily WWorth every penny. What an evening! This was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and... read moreThis was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and get to know other travellers. The small group size made it much more personal and conversation flowed all evening! Sara (our guide) was absolutely amazing - so friendly and chatty, and so full of knowledge about the local food and Rome/Trastevere's history. She could not have been better.
I'll be coming back to Rome and will definitely be booking this again. Thank you so much, Sara, for making my first trip to Rome that much better! read less - 9/21/2022
- mrsmac0912Delicious food from fabulous foody Luca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our... read moreLuca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our time together unforgettable.
Most appreciated was his offer to remain a resource for the duration of our visit with DELICIOUS recommendations off the tourist path.
Well done Luca!!! read less - 9/11/2022
- uscimcA Must Do Tour of Sistine Chapel Amazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a... read moreAmazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a small group of 9. Just 2 families. She was great. She does this 4 days a week and all the guards knew her by name. If you want to see the Sistine Chapel, then you have to go early. We were one of the first to enter and with her connections basically did not wait on anything. We also entered a section in the Vatican Museums usually off limits to the public, a section with many animal statues and other mosaics. She gave us so much history and culture. My children said it was AP World History made real. You could tell she truly loved what she did. read less - 8/29/2022
- dvorahl2022Best tour ever. Martha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was... read moreMartha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was a very hot summer day and she always looks for ways to give us the information under the shade before we went into the sun. I highly recommend this company and Martha as well. It was very easy to make the reservation and pay. We took the private tour and was perfect. 3 hours that feel like Half hour . We didn’t do any limes to get into the places. Know that if you go by yourself or in other yours you could be up to 2 hours under the sun to get into the coliseum or forum. I highly recommend the private tour. read less - 8/05/2022
- michelleSheiowitzGreat Food Stroll with Luca We did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour... read moreWe did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour and Luca!! read less - 7/30/2022