Request Your Tour
- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence Small Group Tours
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
- The best time to visit Rome27 September, 2023
- How many days in Rome is enough?19 September, 2023
- Famous places in ancient Rome: landmarks, monuments...19 September, 2023
- The best time to visit Rome
For More Information(0039) 338 7791615
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Why Choose It?
- Ascend the Leaning Tower of Pisa for sweeping views of the city.
- Discover the true Tuscan treasure of little-known Lucca.
- Immerse yourself in Tuscan culture with a knowledgeable local guide.
Florence has no shortage of cultural treasures. But so many travelers know about them that the Renaissance city can get very crowded. That’s why we’ve designed this day-trip: so you can escape the hustle and bustle of the city to explore two of Tuscany’s less-visited wonders.
Your private Pisa and Lucca tour transports you through the Tuscan countryside to visit Florence’s great historical rival: Pisa. You’ll visit the vertically challenged Leaning Tower of Pisa where – subject to advanced reservation and availability – you’ll climb its dizzying heights. After wandering the Piazza of Miracles, we’ll make our way to the enchanting walled town of Lucca where you’ll be treated to an authentic taste of Tuscan life.
Visit the vertically challenged Leaning Tower of Pisa
All travelers in Tuscany aspire to make a stop at the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Yet few people ever get to go inside and climb it. This is what we can organise for you with advanced reservation and subject to the availability of priority tickets (which we’ll communicate to you long before your tour).
It’s no wonder this 14th century tower attracts so much attention. With its winding stairwell of nearly 300 steps, and disorientating lean of five degrees, this architectural freak of nature has simultaneously intrigued and baffled visitors for centuries. The Leaning Tower is quite safe, for now! Just don’t rule out an impromptu reenactment of Hitchcock’s “Vertigo” while you’re up there.
Explore the aptly named Piazza of Miracles
As you might expect from one of the Mediterranean’s most powerful medieval city-states, Pisa boasts a remarkable architectural legacy. Its 12th century Duomo easily rivals those of Florence and Siena equivalents. Towering over the piazza are four colonnaded levels of white stone and dark-grey marble, while inside the Duomo’s richly ornate interior are such resplendent artworks as an apse mosaic by Cimabue.
Another unmissable attraction on the Piazza of Miracles is the Pisa Baptistery of Saint John. Completed in 1363, this part-Romanesque, part-Gothic marble structure is a true visual feast. As the largest baptistery in Italy, its interior architecture is overwhelming. Though stripped of ornamentation, it boasts an incredible colonnaded dome and 13th century pulpit.
Journey across Tuscany and wander the Lucca City Walls
The walled medieval town of Lucca is as enchanting as it is unpresumptuous, still largely undiscovered by Tuscany’s hundreds of thousands of visitors. If you’re looking for an authentic taste of Tuscan life in a traditional countryside city, Lucca is the perfect destination.
Lucca has no shortage of things do see. But as with all Italian cities, it’s well worth whiling away a few hours exploring its quirky medieval streets and alleyways at your leisure, popping into its shops, bars, and artisan gelaterias as and when the moment takes you. One unmissable experience is seeing Lucca from above which you can do by walking or cycling its Renaissance walls which still completely encircle the city.
Marvel at the Romanesque Church of San Michele in Foro
Lucca is home to the wealth of churches you’d expect from any Italian city. But by far the most beautiful is the Church of San Michele in Foro. Standing on the site of Lucca’s Roman Forum, San Michele is a stunning example of Tuscan Romanesque architecture. Its 11th century facade is impossibly ornate: exhibiting perhaps the finest example of its kind anywhere in Italy.
Explore the Piazza of the Amphitheater
Roman history runs deep in the stunning city of Lucca. It was here, in fact, that Julius Caesar, Pompey Magnus, and Crassus formed the famous First Triumvirate in 56 BC. Like Rome, Lucca boasts many Roman sites underlying the medieval street plan. And the most intriguing of all without doubt is the Piazza dell’Anfiteatro (Amphitheater Piazza).
As is apparent from the shape, the Piazza dell’Anfiteatro stands above Lucca’s ancient Roman amphitheater. Like Piazza Navona in Rome, the modern square derives its shape entirely from the structure that underlies it. It was a big beast, once able to accommodate some 10,000 spectators. Envisage the gladiatorial spectacles that would have once taken place here as you explore this charming piazza. Then wander onto one of its nearby streets to indulge in a well deserved gelato or aperitivo.
Itinerary:Leaning Tower of PisaPisa DuomoPisa BaptisteryLucca WallsSan Michele in ForoPiazza of the Amphitheater
Included:Expert guide in LuccaPrivate car and English-speaking driver
Our guides are fluent in English and have a contagious passion for the inspiring cultural heritage of our Italian cities. Experts in their fields, they will immerse you in the hidden histories and intriguing lives of history's great protagonists. So much to see, so easy to miss out: with the help of our guides, visit the most absorbing sites and uncover the stories that have changed the world. Don't miss this fascinating journey!
- M2233BTrobertlTerrific Trastevere Food Tour with Luca! Luca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature.... read moreLuca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature. By the end of the evening we felt that we had spent a nice time with a new friend. read less - 10/03/2022
- Darren RA must do experience This cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through... read moreThis cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through the market to pick out some of the ingredients, the meats and such. Then we went back to their excellent small group kitchen. We had a wonderful time learning from Sara. She taught us to make ravioli and saltimbocca and tiramisu. It was fun and relaxed and extremely delicious. We thought the whole experience was splendid. 10 out of 10. read less - 9/26/2022
- genevieverbBest Food Tour We Took! My fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of... read moreMy fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of different food and even returned to one of the restaurants later in the week. The tour groups are kept small, so our group easily got to know each other throughout the tour. We were especially pleased with how accommodating it was: My fiance is a vegetarian and can be a bit of a picky eater, so he had low expectations going in and this ended up being his favorite activity all week! We actually had a couple of vegetarians in our group and there was always an equally hearty substitute whenever necessary. Super pleased with this experience and with Luca! Best part of our week! read less - 9/21/2022
- Emily WWorth every penny. What an evening! This was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and... read moreThis was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and get to know other travellers. The small group size made it much more personal and conversation flowed all evening! Sara (our guide) was absolutely amazing - so friendly and chatty, and so full of knowledge about the local food and Rome/Trastevere's history. She could not have been better.
I'll be coming back to Rome and will definitely be booking this again. Thank you so much, Sara, for making my first trip to Rome that much better! read less - 9/21/2022
- mrsmac0912Delicious food from fabulous foody Luca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our... read moreLuca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our time together unforgettable.
Most appreciated was his offer to remain a resource for the duration of our visit with DELICIOUS recommendations off the tourist path.
Well done Luca!!! read less - 9/11/2022
- uscimcA Must Do Tour of Sistine Chapel Amazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a... read moreAmazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a small group of 9. Just 2 families. She was great. She does this 4 days a week and all the guards knew her by name. If you want to see the Sistine Chapel, then you have to go early. We were one of the first to enter and with her connections basically did not wait on anything. We also entered a section in the Vatican Museums usually off limits to the public, a section with many animal statues and other mosaics. She gave us so much history and culture. My children said it was AP World History made real. You could tell she truly loved what she did. read less - 8/29/2022
- dvorahl2022Best tour ever. Martha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was... read moreMartha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was a very hot summer day and she always looks for ways to give us the information under the shade before we went into the sun. I highly recommend this company and Martha as well. It was very easy to make the reservation and pay. We took the private tour and was perfect. 3 hours that feel like Half hour . We didn’t do any limes to get into the places. Know that if you go by yourself or in other yours you could be up to 2 hours under the sun to get into the coliseum or forum. I highly recommend the private tour. read less - 8/05/2022
- michelleSheiowitzGreat Food Stroll with Luca We did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour... read moreWe did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour and Luca!! read less - 7/30/2022