- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence Small Group Tours
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
- How many days in Rome is enough?19 September, 2023
- Famous places in ancient Rome: landmarks, monuments...19 September, 2023
- Golf Cart Tour with a Food Experience1 August, 2023
- How many days in Rome is enough?
For More Information(0039) 338 7791615
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Why Choose It?
- Experience the best of Rome, visiting all the highlights you want to in 8 hours.
- Travel around Rome with your expert English-speaking guide and optional personal driver.
- Customize the tour to fit your interests.
Rome wasn’t built in a day, but on our Rome in a Day tour you can certainly see it in one. This action-packed 8-hour itinerary takes you through all the highlights of the Eternal City. By the time you finish, you’ll know everything about the Italian capital and its treasures: from the City of the Caesars to the Rome of the Popes.
Your Rome in a Day tour is fully customizable. We do, however, suggest the following itinerary that will condense its best bits into a manageable 8 hours. Explore the world-renowned collection of the Vatican Museums. Soak in the sublime splendor of the Sistine Chapel. Step inside the iconic Colosseum and Roman Forum and encounter the enduring temples and piazzas of the center. With your own expert English-speaking guide and optional personal driver.
The Rome in a Day tour begins at the Colosseum and Roman Forum
Traveling back in time to the City of the Caesars, we’ll explore two of Rome’s best-known wonders. Walk straight inside the Colosseum with skip-the-line tickets and tour its breathtaking interior. Your guide will bring the monument to life, painting scenes of the savagery that took place on the arena floor.
It’s just a short walk across the road from the Colosseum to the Roman Forum. Following in the footsteps of Rome’s triumphant generals, we’ll follow the course of the Sacred Way (Via Sacra), weaving between temples, basilicas, and triumphal arches.
Your Rome in a Day tour continues at the city’s famous piazzas
Once the Field of Mars – a training ground for the Roman legions situated outside the ancient city walls – the Campus Martius is now a built-up maze of medieval edifices. We’ll walk its winding streets, making our way toward two of its best-loved monuments.
First, we’ll come face to face with the Trevi Fountain. This exceptional example of Baroque architecture draws thousands of admiring visitors with its white travertine facing and lifelike statues. They say if you throw a coin in the fountain you guarantee your return to Rome. Follow in tradition and find out for yourself!
We’ll then turn one of the area’s winding streets to suddenly come face to face with the Pantheon. Rebuilt by the emperor Hadrian in the early 2nd century AD, the Pantheon is the most enduring ancient monument in Rome – perhaps even the world. Your expert guide will nourish you with the knowledge of this remarkable temple before heading to Piazza Navona, the culmination of the second section of this 8-hour tour.
The final stop on your tour is the Vatican
Finish your day with skip-the-line access to the Vatican Museums. Situated in the world’s smallest state, the museums boast humanity’s richest collection. Your guide will walk you through its highlights: the Gallery of the Candelabra, Gallery of Maps, Gallery of Tapestries and select other collections (depending on your preference).
Then enter the Sistine Chapel to admire the magnificence of Michelangelo’s ceiling frescoes. It’s a short walk from this world-famous attraction to Saint Peter’s Basilica. Inside, you’ll encounter such wonders as Bernini’s Baldachin and Michelangelo’s Pietà. The perfect ending to an unforgettable day.
* As a fully customizable tour, the Rome in a Day experience can be rearranged to begin in the Vatican upon request and availability.
Please note: you must cover your shoulders and knees for your Vatican tour. No big umbrellas or backpacks are allowed inside. Please also note that St Peter’s Basilica is an active religious center and is influenced by liturgical ceremonies and needs. We are therefore not responsible for any inconvenience resulting from its sudden closure.
Itinerary:Vatican Museums highlightsSistine ChapelSt. Peter’s BasilicaColosseumRoman ForumPantheonTrevi FountainPiazza Navona
Included:Skip-the-line entranceLicensed tour guideOptional driver and car at disposal
Meeting Point:Hotel Lobby or Colosseo Metro Station
Our guides are fluent in English and have a contagious passion for the inspiring cultural heritage of our Italian cities. Experts in their fields, they will immerse you in the hidden histories and intriguing lives of history's great protagonists. So much to see, so easy to miss out: with the help of our guides, visit the most absorbing sites and uncover the stories that have changed the world. Don't miss this fascinating journey!
- M2233BTrobertlTerrific Trastevere Food Tour with Luca! Luca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature.... read moreLuca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature. By the end of the evening we felt that we had spent a nice time with a new friend. read less - 10/03/2022
- Darren RA must do experience This cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through... read moreThis cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through the market to pick out some of the ingredients, the meats and such. Then we went back to their excellent small group kitchen. We had a wonderful time learning from Sara. She taught us to make ravioli and saltimbocca and tiramisu. It was fun and relaxed and extremely delicious. We thought the whole experience was splendid. 10 out of 10. read less - 9/26/2022
- genevieverbBest Food Tour We Took! My fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of... read moreMy fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of different food and even returned to one of the restaurants later in the week. The tour groups are kept small, so our group easily got to know each other throughout the tour. We were especially pleased with how accommodating it was: My fiance is a vegetarian and can be a bit of a picky eater, so he had low expectations going in and this ended up being his favorite activity all week! We actually had a couple of vegetarians in our group and there was always an equally hearty substitute whenever necessary. Super pleased with this experience and with Luca! Best part of our week! read less - 9/21/2022
- Emily WWorth every penny. What an evening! This was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and... read moreThis was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and get to know other travellers. The small group size made it much more personal and conversation flowed all evening! Sara (our guide) was absolutely amazing - so friendly and chatty, and so full of knowledge about the local food and Rome/Trastevere's history. She could not have been better.
I'll be coming back to Rome and will definitely be booking this again. Thank you so much, Sara, for making my first trip to Rome that much better! read less - 9/21/2022
- mrsmac0912Delicious food from fabulous foody Luca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our... read moreLuca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our time together unforgettable.
Most appreciated was his offer to remain a resource for the duration of our visit with DELICIOUS recommendations off the tourist path.
Well done Luca!!! read less - 9/11/2022
- uscimcA Must Do Tour of Sistine Chapel Amazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a... read moreAmazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a small group of 9. Just 2 families. She was great. She does this 4 days a week and all the guards knew her by name. If you want to see the Sistine Chapel, then you have to go early. We were one of the first to enter and with her connections basically did not wait on anything. We also entered a section in the Vatican Museums usually off limits to the public, a section with many animal statues and other mosaics. She gave us so much history and culture. My children said it was AP World History made real. You could tell she truly loved what she did. read less - 8/29/2022
- dvorahl2022Best tour ever. Martha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was... read moreMartha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was a very hot summer day and she always looks for ways to give us the information under the shade before we went into the sun. I highly recommend this company and Martha as well. It was very easy to make the reservation and pay. We took the private tour and was perfect. 3 hours that feel like Half hour . We didn’t do any limes to get into the places. Know that if you go by yourself or in other yours you could be up to 2 hours under the sun to get into the coliseum or forum. I highly recommend the private tour. read less - 8/05/2022
- michelleSheiowitzGreat Food Stroll with Luca We did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour... read moreWe did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour and Luca!! read less - 7/30/2022