Request Your Tour
- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence Small Group Tours
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
- The best time to visit Rome27 September, 2023
- How many days in Rome is enough?19 September, 2023
- Famous places in ancient Rome: landmarks, monuments...19 September, 2023
- The best time to visit Rome
For More Information(0039) 338 7791615
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Why Choose It?
- Explore the Roman Forum, the epicenter of ancient life, with your expert private guide.
- Ascend the Palatine Hill for sublime views from the cradle of Rome.
- Paint your watercolor of Rome under professional guidance and a range of delicious snacks.
**Painting on the Palatine is our suggested itinerary, but if you would instead like to try your hand at watercolours from the Orange Garden on the Aventine Hill or Castel Sant’Angelo, just let us know and we can tailor your private tour.
This private tour guides you through the gripping history of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill before immersing you in an art class overlooking the ruins of the ancient city. After an in-depth, 90-minute tour , we’ll take up position on the Palatine Hill. Here you’ll create your own watercolor capturing the stunning scenery stretched out before you.
Bask in the warming Roman sunshine and graze on a selection of sweet treats while you work away on your masterpiece. Suitable for all levels and ages, from first time painters to aspiring Monets, this tour is fully-customizable.
Explore the Roman Forum
Entering the Roman Forum, we’ll walk the ancient cobbled stones of the Sacred Way, the road along which triumphant generals processed in their chariots towards their terminus on the Capitoline Hill.
Passing by the Arch of Titus, whose reliefs depict one of Roman history’s most fascinating episodes, you’ll step inside the Roman Forum, where your expert guide will breathe life into its millennia-old monuments.
Among the ruins of the Roman Forum, we’ll unearth the epicenter of ancient Roman life. We’ll find the site of Julius Caesar’s cremation, where riots almost broke out in the days after his murder. We’ll marvel at the Temple of Vesta, home to Rome’s sacred fire which the Vestal Virgins kept forever kindled.
Your private guide will bring to life the Forum’s expansive basilicas: large colonnaded buildings where Romans held law courts, conducted all political and financial business, and mingled with one another. Learn all about the Roman Forum’s temples: some built to honor the Capitoline gods; others to honor emperors who, after shuffling off their mortal coil, the State declared gods.
Approaching the far end of the Roman Forum, just between the Palatine Hill and the Capitoline Hill, we’ll stand in the shadow of the imposing Arch of Septimius Severus. Commemorating Rome’s victory over one of her most dangerous enemies, for reasons that continue to elude us it’s one of Rome’s most popular monuments for couples’ selfies!
Tour the Palatine Hill
The Palatine Hill is the cradle of Roman history. It was here that Romulus built his first fortifications, committing his famous act of fratricide when his twin brother Remus dared to cross them. During the Republic, Rome’s most affluent residents had their homes here – the likes of Cicero and the young Octavian – who became the emperor Augustus.
Rome’s emperors built their residences on the Palatine, and in doing so gave us our word ‘palace’. The remains of one – the Domus Augustana – still sprawl across the ancient hill, overlooking the Circus Maximus from one side and the Roman Forum from another. Yet many other remains survive, including the House of Augustus, the House of Livia, and even the recently reopened Domus Transitoria of the emperor Nero.
Your tour of the Palatine brings this hill’s rich history to life. Your expert guide will trace the city’s history from the 8th century BC to the fall of the Roman Empire, nourishing you with the knowledge of this incredible civilisation.
Please note that entry into the House of Augustus, House of Livia, and Domus Transitoria is subject to the purchase of advance tickets. If you wish to visit, please let us know so we can obtain your tickets in advance.
Master the art of watercolor with sweeping views of ancient Rome
Having acquainted yourself with both the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill, it’s time to commit your memories to canvas through a private watercolor class. Locals and visitors alike ascend the Palatine Hill for the stunning view it offers over the Roman Forum and Colosseum. Here, we’ll capture this sublime ancient landscape from the vantage point of Rome’s most historic hill.
Your 90-minute watercolor class is suitable for all ages and levels, and can be adapted to accommodate your interests. As well as all painting materials, we’ll be laying on a selection of snacks to keep you energized as you create your masterpiece.
Itinerary:Roman ForumPalatine HillWatercolor painting class and snacks
Included:Private licensed guideWatercolor materialsSnacks and drinksPriority entrance
Wheelchair accessible:Yes (Itinerary may differ).
Meeting Point:Hotel Lobby or Entrance to the Colosseum Metro (Ground Floor beside the Green Kiosk)
Our guides are fluent in English and have a contagious passion for the inspiring cultural heritage of our Italian cities. Experts in their fields, they will immerse you in the hidden histories and intriguing lives of history's great protagonists. So much to see, so easy to miss out: with the help of our guides, visit the most absorbing sites and uncover the stories that have changed the world. Don't miss this fascinating journey!
- M2233BTrobertlTerrific Trastevere Food Tour with Luca! Luca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature.... read moreLuca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature. By the end of the evening we felt that we had spent a nice time with a new friend. read less - 10/03/2022
- Darren RA must do experience This cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through... read moreThis cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through the market to pick out some of the ingredients, the meats and such. Then we went back to their excellent small group kitchen. We had a wonderful time learning from Sara. She taught us to make ravioli and saltimbocca and tiramisu. It was fun and relaxed and extremely delicious. We thought the whole experience was splendid. 10 out of 10. read less - 9/26/2022
- genevieverbBest Food Tour We Took! My fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of... read moreMy fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of different food and even returned to one of the restaurants later in the week. The tour groups are kept small, so our group easily got to know each other throughout the tour. We were especially pleased with how accommodating it was: My fiance is a vegetarian and can be a bit of a picky eater, so he had low expectations going in and this ended up being his favorite activity all week! We actually had a couple of vegetarians in our group and there was always an equally hearty substitute whenever necessary. Super pleased with this experience and with Luca! Best part of our week! read less - 9/21/2022
- Emily WWorth every penny. What an evening! This was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and... read moreThis was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and get to know other travellers. The small group size made it much more personal and conversation flowed all evening! Sara (our guide) was absolutely amazing - so friendly and chatty, and so full of knowledge about the local food and Rome/Trastevere's history. She could not have been better.
I'll be coming back to Rome and will definitely be booking this again. Thank you so much, Sara, for making my first trip to Rome that much better! read less - 9/21/2022
- mrsmac0912Delicious food from fabulous foody Luca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our... read moreLuca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our time together unforgettable.
Most appreciated was his offer to remain a resource for the duration of our visit with DELICIOUS recommendations off the tourist path.
Well done Luca!!! read less - 9/11/2022
- uscimcA Must Do Tour of Sistine Chapel Amazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a... read moreAmazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a small group of 9. Just 2 families. She was great. She does this 4 days a week and all the guards knew her by name. If you want to see the Sistine Chapel, then you have to go early. We were one of the first to enter and with her connections basically did not wait on anything. We also entered a section in the Vatican Museums usually off limits to the public, a section with many animal statues and other mosaics. She gave us so much history and culture. My children said it was AP World History made real. You could tell she truly loved what she did. read less - 8/29/2022
- dvorahl2022Best tour ever. Martha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was... read moreMartha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was a very hot summer day and she always looks for ways to give us the information under the shade before we went into the sun. I highly recommend this company and Martha as well. It was very easy to make the reservation and pay. We took the private tour and was perfect. 3 hours that feel like Half hour . We didn’t do any limes to get into the places. Know that if you go by yourself or in other yours you could be up to 2 hours under the sun to get into the coliseum or forum. I highly recommend the private tour. read less - 8/05/2022
- michelleSheiowitzGreat Food Stroll with Luca We did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour... read moreWe did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour and Luca!! read less - 7/30/2022