Discovering southern Italian richness through oenology and gastronomy itineraries
Come and discover southern Italian richness through oenology and gastronomy itineraries of Sicily and Pantelleria
Showing the single result
Sicily Custom TourSicily is a land of stunning Baroque towns and ancient hamlets, breathtaking seascapes and mouth-watering delicacies
Fromon request15On RequestPrivate Tour
Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
Staying in Italy is also a journey into Italian flavors. An oenology and gastronomy tour allows the traveler to know and discover the history and culture at the basis of one of the most famous culinary traditions in the world. In Italy the food and wine offer is so vast and gives everyone the opportunity to satisfy their real desires. Come and discover traditional wineries and olive oil producers and indulgent in sumptuous southern cuisine through Sicily and Pantelleria food and wine tours of Walks Inside Rome.
Sicily, the largest island in the Mediterranean
In Italy, Sicily represents a land apart, with its history, its varied and evocative heritage and its characteristic, enchanting and fascinating beauty.
The largest island in the Mediterranean immerses you in an atmosphere of exchange, sharing and traditions. It is not easy to reveal its secrets immediately, it is a casket of wonders that are revealed little by little and capture the soul of the traveler.
Anciently, those who controlled Sicily controlled the Mediterranean, and for this reason the island has attracted conquerors from all over the ancient World: Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans, Goths, Byzantines, Arabs, Normans, Germans, and Spaniards. Each of these peoples has brought their own traditions making Sicily a fascinating melting pot of art, food and culture.
Also the brusque but captivating character of its inhabitants and a heritage that seems as old as the world makes Sicily a unique destination to visit at least once in a lifetime. It is impossible not to be seduced by the magnetism that it releases.
A tour of Sicily is a journey through history, art, food and wine culture and is more exotic than you might imagine, to be discovered through the eyes of those who have always known it.
A land for food and wine lovers
Sicily is a land of stunning Baroque towns and ancient hamlets (Palermo, Catania, Siracusa, Agrigento, Taormina, Modica, Marsala, Marzamemi), breathtaking seascapes (Aeolian Islands, Egadi Islands, Pantelleria, Cefalù or Etna) and rugged sun-burnt peaks, but even of mouth-watering delicacies and cakes. Food and wine lovers will experience their dream travel across Sicily’s stunning backgrounds.
Under the expert guidance of a local guide on a food and wine tour of this warm land you can taste the typical dishes and wines of the Sicilian tradition as:
- Arancino or arancina: the must of Sicilian food street, a small fried rice timbale stuffed with tomato and peas or ragù and peas.
- Busiati with Agghia Pistata: they are typical Sicilian macaroni that resemble bucatini and which are seasoned with “pesto alla trapanese” made with basil, tomatoes, garlic and almonds.
- Pasta alla Norma: a typical first course made with fried aubergines, tomato and salted ricotta dedicated to the composer Bellini.
- Sarde a Beccafico: a tasty and precious second course of Sicilian cuisine based on sardines, pine nuts, sultanas and bay leaf also used to make “pasta with sardines a beccafico”.
- Pane e Panelle: chickpea flour pancakes ideal to eat during a walk around beautiful Sicily.
- Sicilian Cassata: typical Palermo dessert made with ricotta, chocolate, candied fruit, marzipan on a bed of sponge cake.
- Granita with Brioche: the typical Sicilian breakfast, especially in Catania, with lemon or almond flavor if you want to remain tied to tradition, but also with different variations.
- Almond paste: traditional Sicilian sweets made with local almonds that when you eat one pulls the other and you will never stop.
- Cannolo with Ricotta: delicious traditional dessert made with crispy wafer filled with sheep’s milk ricotta with candied fruit peel and chocolate chips.
Then there are other specialties as the grilled calamari breaded or Messina style, the stuffed and fried peppers or the stoccafisso “a ghiotta” typical of Messina prepared with tomato and olives. All this accompanied by the best wines of the region such as Nero D’Avola, Marsala, Cerasuolo, Malvasia, Nerello, Frappato and so on.
Pantelleria, a dream kissed by the wind
Pantelleria, called the Black Pearl of the Mediterranean or the Daughter of the Wind in Arabic, is a small Italian island which lies about midway between Sicily and Tunisia.
At first sight it unleashes love and hate. It has always generated conflicting emotions and opinions. The volcanic origin has given it a dark, intense, rough chromatism, all enveloped by the immediately deep, almost inaccessible cobalt blue sea. Here there are no golden beaches, organized bathing establishments, access by sea is not always easy and nightlife is almost non-existent and then, when the sirocco blows, the African heat penetrates the body and mind and one runs out of energy.
Yet, despite the harshness of its wild landscape, the island also knows how to show itself in all its poetry: the variety of the coasts, the gentler interior, the transparency of the sea, its slow rhythms, its Arabian atmospheres and its perfumes. There is no doubt that this is a place outside the box where nature is the absolute protagonist.
In the terraces, suspended between sky and sea, cotton, figs, grains, the tasty capers and the sweet zibibbo grape have been cultivated for centuries, from which Moscato and Passito, the amber nectar famous and exported all over the world, is produced.
Sicily and Pantelleria food and wine tours with Walks Inside Rome
Walks Inside Rome, for more than 20 years, let you to discover the most authentic aspects of the Bel Paese and forge memories to last a lifetime through its cultural, artistic and food and wine experiences.
Our team of knowledgeable local and family-friendly officially licensed guides in art, history, archaeology and lifestyle are able to help you to create personalized also food and wine itineraries, tailored for you for the time of your trip, for your needs and for your budget. We accompany tourists to discover the local culinary tradition, giving them a unique and unforgettable experience every time.
Visit our website or contact us directly. We look forward to meeting you soon so we can customize your own travel and start exploring Italy together!
- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence Small Group Tours
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
- Rome’s Carnival: From Ancient to Modern Times16 February, 2023
- Rome's Budding Street Art Scene25 January, 2023
- The Life and Reign of Emperor Claudius19 January, 2023
- Rome’s Carnival: From Ancient to Modern Times
For More Informations(0039) 334 7243374
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Let's start exploring together!
Contact UsVia Giustiniani, 23, 00186 Roma RM