Request Your Tour
- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence Small Group Tours
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
- Rome’s Carnival: From Ancient to Modern Times16 February, 2023
- Rome's Budding Street Art Scene25 January, 2023
- The Life and Reign of Emperor Claudius19 January, 2023
- Rome’s Carnival: From Ancient to Modern Times
For More Information(0039) 338 7791615
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Why Choose It?
- Discover Judaic art and symbols within the vast papal collection.
- Contextualize the Old Testament scenes of Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel.
- View Saint Peter's Basilica in a new light with our informative, licensed guide.
Everybody knows the Vatican as the epicenter of Catholicism, the beating heart of the Christian world. Few look beyond its Christian facade and ancient collections to uncover a different side to the Vatican. A side in which the oldest of the Abrahamic traditions takes center stage.
Your private Vatican Tour from a Jewish Perspective walks you through the Vatican’s vast collection, offering a unique lens through which to decode its symbols and discover its treasures. From the Jewish imagery of the Sistine Chapel to the Jewish artifacts of the Vatican Museums and Saint Peter’s Basilica, you and your expert guide will fully explore the Vatican for a perspective most visitors in the Eternal City completely overlook.
Explore the famed halls and galleries of the Vatican Museums
Stepping straight inside the Vatican with special skip-the-line entry, you’ll proceed straight towards the highlights of the Vatican Museums’ renowned collections. Fully explore the marble-coated Gallery of the Candelabra, burnished gold Gallery of Maps, and the intricately detailed Gallery of Tapestries, seeking out the subtle Jewish symbolism hidden away in each.
Stretched across almost 4.5 miles of corridors, the Vatican Museums boasts one of the largest art collections in the world. With the focus of approaching them from an entirely Jewish perspective, your private guide will be able to venture into greater depth as you explore its many highlights.
Discover the secrets of the Jewish Lapidarium
Should its collection be open to the public, your Vatican Tour from a Jewish Perspective will take you through the Jewish Lapidarium: a unique collection showcasing some of the most interesting inscriptions from ancient Rome’s Jewish community.
Hailing from the Jewish Catacomb of Monteverde, near Trastevere, these inscriptions offer fascinating glimpses into the social, religious, and cultural lives of Rome’s Jewish community between the third and fourth centuries AD. Your expert guide will introduce you to the most interesting, bringing you face to face with the ghosts of history.
Get an all-new angle on the Sistine Chapel
If there’s one attraction you can’t miss during your time in the Vatican, it’s the Sistine Chapel: Michelangelo’s undisputed magnum opus and one of the most lasting and influential contributions to western art. Standing beneath its frescoed ceiling with Michelangelo’s Last Judgement stretching up in front of you, you’ll experience the Sistine Chapel like few others, viewing it through a lens many would never stop to think to look through.
Let your private guide regale you with stories of Michelangelo’s immersion in the Talmud, Torah, and Kabbalah – immersion which informed the visual iconography intrinsic to the Sistine Chapel’s famed designs.
Take in the breathtaking Saint Peter’s Basilica
From the Sistine Chapel, you’ll make your way to Saint Peter’s Basilica for the final part of your Vatican Tour from a Jewish Perspective. Your private tour concludes outside in Saint Peter’s Square where, in the shadow of the square’s obelisk, surrounded by Bernini’s perfectly proportioned colonnade, your guide will put together the final pieces of the puzzle in a way that will engage, inform, and most importantly entertain.
Your private guide will direct you inside the storied walls of the basilica. Here you will see Michelangelo’s famous Pietà and Bernini’s Baldachin through new eyes, allowing you to experience Saint Peter’s like so few ever do.
Itinerary:Vatican Museums highlightsSistine ChapelSaint Peter's Basilica
Included:Licensed tour guideSkip-the-line entrance
Important Info:Saint Peter’s basilica is an active religious center and is strongly influenced by liturgical ceremonies and needs: we are therefore not responsible for any inconvenience resulting from sudden closure of the basilica. Umbrellas and backpacks cannot be taken inside, and please cover shoulders and knees.
Wheelchair accessible:Guests with limited mobility are encouraged to request our private tours.
Meeting Point:Vatican Museums entrance (under the statue of Michelangelo and Raphael)
Show on Map
Our guides are fluent in English and have a contagious passion for the inspiring cultural heritage of our Italian cities. Experts in their fields, they will immerse you in the hidden histories and intriguing lives of history's great protagonists. So much to see, so easy to miss out: with the help of our guides, visit the most absorbing sites and uncover the stories that have changed the world. Don't miss this fascinating journey!
- M2233BTrobertlTerrific Trastevere Food Tour with Luca! Luca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature.... read moreLuca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature. By the end of the evening we felt that we had spent a nice time with a new friend. read less - 10/03/2022
- Darren RA must do experience This cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through... read moreThis cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through the market to pick out some of the ingredients, the meats and such. Then we went back to their excellent small group kitchen. We had a wonderful time learning from Sara. She taught us to make ravioli and saltimbocca and tiramisu. It was fun and relaxed and extremely delicious. We thought the whole experience was splendid. 10 out of 10. read less - 9/26/2022
- genevieverbBest Food Tour We Took! My fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of... read moreMy fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of different food and even returned to one of the restaurants later in the week. The tour groups are kept small, so our group easily got to know each other throughout the tour. We were especially pleased with how accommodating it was: My fiance is a vegetarian and can be a bit of a picky eater, so he had low expectations going in and this ended up being his favorite activity all week! We actually had a couple of vegetarians in our group and there was always an equally hearty substitute whenever necessary. Super pleased with this experience and with Luca! Best part of our week! read less - 9/21/2022
- Emily WWorth every penny. What an evening! This was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and... read moreThis was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and get to know other travellers. The small group size made it much more personal and conversation flowed all evening! Sara (our guide) was absolutely amazing - so friendly and chatty, and so full of knowledge about the local food and Rome/Trastevere's history. She could not have been better.
I'll be coming back to Rome and will definitely be booking this again. Thank you so much, Sara, for making my first trip to Rome that much better! read less - 9/21/2022
- mrsmac0912Delicious food from fabulous foody Luca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our... read moreLuca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our time together unforgettable.
Most appreciated was his offer to remain a resource for the duration of our visit with DELICIOUS recommendations off the tourist path.
Well done Luca!!! read less - 9/11/2022
- uscimcA Must Do Tour of Sistine Chapel Amazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a... read moreAmazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a small group of 9. Just 2 families. She was great. She does this 4 days a week and all the guards knew her by name. If you want to see the Sistine Chapel, then you have to go early. We were one of the first to enter and with her connections basically did not wait on anything. We also entered a section in the Vatican Museums usually off limits to the public, a section with many animal statues and other mosaics. She gave us so much history and culture. My children said it was AP World History made real. You could tell she truly loved what she did. read less - 8/29/2022
- dvorahl2022Best tour ever. Martha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was... read moreMartha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was a very hot summer day and she always looks for ways to give us the information under the shade before we went into the sun. I highly recommend this company and Martha as well. It was very easy to make the reservation and pay. We took the private tour and was perfect. 3 hours that feel like Half hour . We didn’t do any limes to get into the places. Know that if you go by yourself or in other yours you could be up to 2 hours under the sun to get into the coliseum or forum. I highly recommend the private tour. read less - 8/05/2022
- michelleSheiowitzGreat Food Stroll with Luca We did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour... read moreWe did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour and Luca!! read less - 7/30/2022