Complete immersion in ancient Rome's most iconic monument
Colosseum Tours: experience complete immersion in ancient Rome, between the imperial arena of the Colosseum and the ruins of the Roman Forum!
Showing all 2 results
Colosseum & Ancient Rome Tour with Gladiator’s Gate | Small GroupSkip the LineSpecial OfferEmbark on a journey through the ages as we delve into ancient Rome: with a walk through the iconic colosseum and the ancient Roman Forum.
From€993:00 h08:30 a.m. OnwardsSmall Group
VIP Colosseum Underground Tour with Ancient Rome | Small GroupMost PopularSkip the LineDescend into the depths of Rome's most iconic landmark. Explore the Colosseum Underground through a gladiator's eyes before traveling back in time as we roam the Roman Forum.
Fromon request3:00 ham/pm (Based on availability)Small Group
Visiting Rome? A must during your stay in the capital is the Colosseum, an unmissable symbol of ancient Roman life. Also known as the Flavian Amphitheater, its name derives from “colossal” statue of the emperor Nero which once stood outside. Colossal in name, colossal in nature, the Colosseum was in fact the largest amphitheater ever built in the Roman Empire. Thanks to Walks Inside Rome’s Colosseum Tours, you too can experience a complete immersion in the beating heart of ancient Rome, between the underground and the arena of this amphitheater and the spectacular ruins of the Roman Forum. So journey back in time, to the glorious days of a great empire, inside the iconic Colosseum.
The Colosseum: behold the splendor and decay of the past
A great tourist attraction, with more than 7 million visitors a year, the imposing Flavian Amphitheater in 1980 has been declared a World Heritage Site together with the entire historic center of Rome within the city walls in their widest extension.
Considered one of the most famous tourist attractions in the world, the building (86 meters long and 54 meters wide) was built between 70 and 80 AD during the reign of the emperors Vespasian and Titus to accommodate up to 50,000 people (or even 80,000). It was used to entertain crowds with gladiator games and animal hunts, a very representative Roman show of the time. Made of marble and limestone, the structure has since been damaged by earthquakes and various looting but remains an impressive vestige of the magnificence of Ancient Rome.
The Colosseum has 80 entrances and its system of corridors and stairs is still used today as a reference point for the construction of football stadiums. Today, visitors to the Colosseum enter the building from the south side, on the other hand, access is not as fast as in the days of the Roman Empire, it is better to get skip the line tickets.
The Colosseum tour starts on the 2nd floor. The different floors, 4 in all, were all built in different styles: Doric style for the 1st floor, Ionic style for the second and Corinthian style for the third. The floor of the arena consisted of a wooden floor covered with sand. Below you will see the Hypogeum, a tunnel system where training rooms, wild animal cages and death row prisoners once stood.
Essential visits to penetrate and understand the vestiges and lust of the past
With your local guide, you will explore and learn more about the history of the most famous monument in Rome. He will enthusiastically tell you stories and anecdotes about the men who fought in the arenas and the emperors who ruled them.
Come and experience the Private or Small Group Colosseum Tours of Walks inside Rome, the right way to go for an exciting experience for the whole family.
- Ancient and Christian Rome Tour – Private
- Classic Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour with Arena Floor – Private
- Colosseum and Ancient Rome Tour – Private or Small Group
- Colosseun and St. Clemente Tour – Private
- Colosseum by Night Tour with Underground – Small Group
- Express Arena Floor Colosseum – Private or Small Group
- Gladiators and Roman Emperors for kids – Private
- Roman Shore Excursion: Colosseum and Private Cooking Class – Private
- Triple the Rome Shore Excursion: Sistine Chapel, Colosseum and Private Cooking Class – Private
- True Roman Experience: Colosseum and Private Cooking Class – Private
- Vip Colosseum Underground Tour with Ancient Rome – Private or Small Group
Walks Inside Rome – Colosseum Tours for Private and Small Group
For more than 20 years, Walks Inside Rome is proud to has been offering a variety of exciting, engaging, and educational tours and unforgettable experiences both for first-time visitors and seasoned explorers. We specialize in private and small group tours giving you a much more personalized experience at just the right pace.
We have cultivated excellent connections throughout Rome and Italy to help you unlock Italy’s rich history and culture with our knowledgeable and kid-friendly licensed English-speaking guides, including art historians, archaeologists, and food and wine lovers to provide our clients with the highest quality tours.
We are open 7 days a week. Contact us for any questions and for more information about our tours, fill out the form on our website, send us an email, call us or chat with us on WhatsApp.
We look forward to welcoming you soon to Rome
- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence Small Group Tours
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
- How many days in Rome is enough?19 September, 2023
- Famous places in ancient Rome: landmarks, monuments...19 September, 2023
- Golf Cart Tour with a Food Experience1 August, 2023
- How many days in Rome is enough?
Let's start exploring together!
- Walks Inside Rome
- Via Giustiniani, 23, 00186 Roma RM
- [email protected]