- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
For More Information(0039) 338 7791615
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Why Choose It?
- Explore Rome the best way - with the speed and comfort of an e-bike.
- Experience the absolute freedom of cycling through the Roman countryside.
- Customize your bike tour with a catacomb visit or picturesque picnic.
Cycling down the Appian Way is among the best experiences in Rome. Away from the hustle and bustle of the city center, you have free run of the countryside. Explore the environs of this regional park, cycle down its 2,300-year-old path, and feel the breeze cool you down this summer as you journey down the Via Appia Antica.
Discover many other millennia-old monuments during the course of your intermediate-level bike ride. Accompanied by your private, English-speaking guide, you’ll be making stops at the Colosseum and Roman Forum to soak in the sights. We won’t be stopping off, however, as this tour is for discovering Rome’s wealth of outdoor treasures.
Venture outside Rome’s ancient walls and hit the ancient highway
We’ll pass several ancient churches and a number of Roman tombs and ruins as we make our way down the ancient cobblestones of the Appian Way. Here, we’ll pass tombs and monuments few travelers to Rome even know exist, but which are some of the most moving.
Pass by the Tomb of the Scipios, one of the oldest families in Rome whose descendants met Hannibal in battle. Make your way along the Via Appia Antica, approaching the best-preserved gate in Rome’s Aurelian Walls, and make your way towards the countryside.
Discover Rome’s ancient ramparts at Porta San Sebastiano
Ancient Rome was surrounded by walls – first the Servian Wall, then the Aurelian Wall. Sections of both survive, the latter obviously bears slightly more fruit. We’ll be visiting the best-preserved section of the Aurelian Wall at the Appian Gate, otherwise known as Porta San Sebastiano.
From here we’ll journey down the Appian Way – one of the first roads leading to Rome. Lined with many pagan and Christian tombs, the Appian Way is incredibly atmospheric. We’ll soak in this atmosphere as we make the scenic journey down its 2,400-year-old Roman cobblestones.
Pass by the Villa of Maxentius, the emperor killed by Constantine
Cycle in the shadow of the Tomb of Cecilia Metella, a relative of Caesar’s ally Crassus, whose wealth is evident from the proportions of her tomb. Lord Byron was overcome by its beauty and committed his feelings to verse. Follow in the Romantic poet’s footsteps as its proportions overwhelm you too.
This tour will give you perhaps the best views of Rome’s ancient hills, as well as the colossal Aurelian Walls that still surround the city. We recommend taking the Appian Way Bike Tour on Sundays and public holidays, as the park in which the Appian Way is situated is closed to traffic.
Customize your tour with a Roman catacomb or picturesque picnic
Entry into the San Callisto or Santa Domitilla Catacombs can be added at an additional cost and an additional hour. Your private tour can also be customized to include any of the sites and tombs along the Appian Way. Please note that some sites, like the Tomb of the Scipios, are open only with reservations.
Alternatively, should you work up an appetite whilst cycling the Appian Way, the fields that line its sides are the perfect picnic spot. What better stop can there be than delighting in an early Italian lunch or late mid-afternoon pick-me-up whilst gazing upon the Roman countryside teeming with ancient history?
Itinerary:Colosseum (exterior)Roman Forum (exterior)Arch of ConstantinePorta San SebastianoAppian WayVilla of MaxentiusTomb of Cecilla MetellaCatacomb (optional)Picnic (optional)
Included:Private guideBike and helmet rentalCatacomb (optional extra)Picnic (optional extra)
Meeting Point:Via Cavour, 302
Our guides are fluent in English and have a contagious passion for the inspiring cultural heritage of our Italian cities. Experts in their fields, they will immerse you in the hidden histories and intriguing lives of history's great protagonists. So much to see, so easy to miss out: with the help of our guides, visit the most absorbing sites and uncover the stories that have changed the world. Don't miss this fascinating journey!
- M2233BTrobertlTerrific Trastevere Food Tour with Luca! Luca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature.... read moreLuca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature. By the end of the evening we felt that we had spent a nice time with a new friend. read less - 10/03/2022
- Darren RA must do experience This cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through... read moreThis cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through the market to pick out some of the ingredients, the meats and such. Then we went back to their excellent small group kitchen. We had a wonderful time learning from Sara. She taught us to make ravioli and saltimbocca and tiramisu. It was fun and relaxed and extremely delicious. We thought the whole experience was splendid. 10 out of 10. read less - 9/26/2022
- genevieverbBest Food Tour We Took! My fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of... read moreMy fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of different food and even returned to one of the restaurants later in the week. The tour groups are kept small, so our group easily got to know each other throughout the tour. We were especially pleased with how accommodating it was: My fiance is a vegetarian and can be a bit of a picky eater, so he had low expectations going in and this ended up being his favorite activity all week! We actually had a couple of vegetarians in our group and there was always an equally hearty substitute whenever necessary. Super pleased with this experience and with Luca! Best part of our week! read less - 9/21/2022
- Emily WWorth every penny. What an evening! This was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and... read moreThis was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and get to know other travellers. The small group size made it much more personal and conversation flowed all evening! Sara (our guide) was absolutely amazing - so friendly and chatty, and so full of knowledge about the local food and Rome/Trastevere's history. She could not have been better.
I'll be coming back to Rome and will definitely be booking this again. Thank you so much, Sara, for making my first trip to Rome that much better! read less - 9/21/2022
- mrsmac0912Delicious food from fabulous foody Luca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our... read moreLuca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our time together unforgettable.
Most appreciated was his offer to remain a resource for the duration of our visit with DELICIOUS recommendations off the tourist path.
Well done Luca!!! read less - 9/11/2022
- uscimcA Must Do Tour of Sistine Chapel Amazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a... read moreAmazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a small group of 9. Just 2 families. She was great. She does this 4 days a week and all the guards knew her by name. If you want to see the Sistine Chapel, then you have to go early. We were one of the first to enter and with her connections basically did not wait on anything. We also entered a section in the Vatican Museums usually off limits to the public, a section with many animal statues and other mosaics. She gave us so much history and culture. My children said it was AP World History made real. You could tell she truly loved what she did. read less - 8/29/2022
- dvorahl2022Best tour ever. Martha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was... read moreMartha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was a very hot summer day and she always looks for ways to give us the information under the shade before we went into the sun. I highly recommend this company and Martha as well. It was very easy to make the reservation and pay. We took the private tour and was perfect. 3 hours that feel like Half hour . We didn’t do any limes to get into the places. Know that if you go by yourself or in other yours you could be up to 2 hours under the sun to get into the coliseum or forum. I highly recommend the private tour. read less - 8/05/2022
- michelleSheiowitzGreat Food Stroll with Luca We did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour... read moreWe did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour and Luca!! read less - 7/30/2022