An unforgettable full-day itinerary discovering the culinary secrets of Southern Italy
Discover the cuisine of Southern Italy your own way through customized tours led by exceptional Italian guides
Showing all 2 results
Secrets of Southern Italy: Lecce, Otranto & Gallipoli | PrivateDiscover the secrets of Southern Italy on this immersive full-day itinerary.
Fromon requestAsk Now1508:30Private Tour
Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
Visiting Puglia and Matera, in Southern Italy, means discovering a multitude of typical towns and villages, each with its own particularity and its own tourist attraction but, above all, with unforgettable flavors impossible to find elsewhere. Discover Italy your own way through customized tours led by exceptional Italian guides. Indulge in the fresh, succulent cuisine of these places through one of the Walks Inside Rome food and wine experiences in Puglia and Matera. From the Altamura bread to the burrata, from the underground oil mill to the Primitivo di Manduria wine, we will accompany you on an itinerary that will introduce you to a lot of good food among villages, beaches and infinite horizons.
Wine tourism stay in Puglia to discover its wines and gastronomy
A journey through the splendid sea, the picturesque villages and the excellent food and wine heritage in the Puglia region, the stretch of the heel of the Italian boot, is an experience not to be missed. This land will welcome you with its typical warm hospitality, with its good and genuine cuisine and with its various landscapes.
- Polignano a Mare: one of the most beautiful places to visit in Puglia is Polignano a Mare, a pretty town not far from Bari, heading south. Its charm is best expressed through its houses with white facades perched on the cliffs, 20 meters above sea level. If you take a walk in the labyrinth of alleys from the terraces overlooking the sea you can admire breathtaking views and have the opportunity to take beautiful photos.
- Alberobello: another very particular village to visit is Alberobello, in the Itria valley. Definitely not to be missed. It is famous for its “trulli”, typical small whitewashed limestone houses with conical roofs. They are remarkable examples of corbelled dry-stone construction, a prehistoric building technique still in use in this region. The agglomeration, unique in the world, has at least 1500, so much so that it has earned it the title of UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1996. You can walk freely around the town and admire the trulli from the outside, most of them now house souvenir shops or cafes and restaurants.
- Ostuni: nicknamed the White City due to the whitewashed walls of the houses, is a very pleasant city to visit. Perched on a rocky promontory, dominating the countryside and the vast plateaus of olive trees, it stands out as a top destination in Puglia. With an expert local guide you will be able to walk through all the small alleys of the historic center, the various passages and stairs. A walk that will inevitably take you to the upper part of the city from where you can admire the two main buildings, the Ostuni Cathedral and the Bishop’s Palace and a magnificent 360 ° panorama over its countryside and the surroundings.
Located at the lower end of the heel of Italy, kissed by the sun, cradled by the sea and caressed by the light breeze, is Salento, undoubtedly one of the most beautiful places to visit.
- Lecce: also known as the Florence of the South, Lecce is one of the most beautiful cities in Italy and the first jewel that should be explored in Salento thanks to its Baroque influence, its elegance and the charm it exudes. Here, it is impossible not to taste a rustico leccese for dinner, or a pasticciotto for a snack.
- Otranto: on the Adriatic Sea side is Otranto, a real jewel that represents the right mix of sea, nature, traditions and fun. In addition to the interesting historic center enclosed within the walls and the many bays, here is one of the most extraordinary and unusual sights of Salento: the Cava di Bauxite. Furthermore, Otranto is famous for hosting Punta Palascìa, a fascinating glimpse of Salento as well as the easternmost point of Italy, represented by the lighthouse of the same name.
- Gallipoli: right at the bottom of Italy’s heel there is the white-washed walled city of Gallipoli which is one of the most important Salento centers, mecca of entertainment thanks to the countless beaches and clubs that dot it.
Matera: the City of the Sassi
Matera, with its rocky nature, is a city in Basilicata with a fascinating and complex history: a border city of contrasts, competition and fusion of different landscapes, civilizations and cultures.
Renowned for its “sassi”, ancient settlements carved into the rock, Matera, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1993, is a real journey through time. Among sumptuous palaces of merchants and majestic monuments, it has a rich historical heritage that earned it the title of Capital of Culture in 2019.
The Sassi or “pebbles” represent two districts of Matera, Sasso Caveoso and Sasso Barisano, famous for their houses carved into the rock during the Paleolithic. From an architectural point of view, they present an incredible series of elements that have been stratified over time, from rock complexes excavated by man, to rock churches, burial areas, which alternate continuously with buildings from all different eras: Middle Ages, Renaissance, baroque up to the modern era. The visitor will continuously find caves, hypogea, palaces, churches, neighborhoods, stairways, galleries, gardens and orchards all set one into the other to form a unique and magical place.
The culinary tradition of Matera is based on simple and genuine ingredients that evoke flavors forgotten elsewhere. The products do not need a long process, but a right combination between them, thus giving life to unique and genuine dishes.
Walks Inside Rome – Food and Wine Experiences for Discerning Travelers
Walks Inside Rome is an agency of travel services and guided tours that has been situated in the in Rome since 1999. Our goal is to provide our clients with the highest quality tour guide services in art, history, food and fun across Rome and in Italy’s most spectacular destinations.
All our tours – for private and small group – can be combined and customized to perfectly meet your needs and interests. Contact us to develop a tour program suitable for you.
For any questions and any further information about our services, fill out the form on our website, send us an email, call us or chat with us on WhatsApp. We look forward to meeting you soon so we can start exploring Italy together!
- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence Small Group Tours
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
For More Informations(0039) 334 7243374
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Let's start exploring together!