The Eternal City: a real time machine
Galleries and Museums of Rome Tours: WIR provide traveler incomparable encounters with musical masterpieces, historical architecture and extraordinary artwork
Showing all 13 results
Early Morning Vatican Tour | Small GroupMost PopularSkip the LineSpecial OfferExperience a complete tour of the Vatican. Visit the Sistine Chapel, Vatican Museums, and Saint Peter's Square as well as exploring exclusive areas normally closed to the public.
From€89Book Now3:30 h7:20 amSmall Group
Borghese Gallery Guided Tour | PrivateSkip the LineTranscend into a world of art in the must-see Borghese Gallery, home to the most enchanting sculptures and lifelike paintings in Rome.
Fromon requestBook Now3:00 hOn RequestPrivate Tour
Hidden Trastevere and Villa Farnesina Tour | PrivateTrastevere is one of the Eternal City’s most authentic neighborhoods. Explore it with a local expert and discover the places nobody knows about.
From€380Book Now4:00 h9:00 amPrivate Tour
VIP Earliest Entry Sistine Chapel Tour | PrivateBest SellerParticipate in a private tour to the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums, and marvel at their magnificence of their treasures.
Fromon requestBook Now4:00 hOn RequestPrivate Tour
Treasure Hunt at the Vatican for Kids Tour | PrivateSkip the LineJoin in the adventure with our fun-filled Vatican tour for kids. This is the ideal tour for families with children aged between 5 - 10 who want to explore the Vatican in a way everyone will love.
Fromon requestBook Now3:00 h9:00 am / 2:00 pmSpecific for Kids
Triple the Rome Shore Excursion: Sistine Chapel, Colosseum & Italian Cooking Class | PrivateSkip the LineIf you don’t have time to explore the Eternal City in depth, but want to enjoy an unforgettable day admiring art, architecture and food, this private guided tour is for you.
Fromon requestBook Now10:00 hOn RequestPrivate Tour
Vatican Tour for Kids and Castel Sant’Angelo | PrivateEnthral the kids are you as explore the Vatican. Our tailored itinerary will thrill and engage them while you get to visit the Vatican's highlights and curiosities.
Fromon requestBook Now4:00 hVariedSpecific for Kids
Galleries and Museums of Rome
Rome is home to some of the most important museums and art galleries in the world. In addition to the famous Vatican Museums, there are as many museums and other major highlights absolutely not to be missed. Walks Inside Rome offers his visitors the best Galleries and Museums of Rome Tours.
Ancient art museums and galleries in Rome
With its vast choice of galleries and museums, Rome is a real time machine. From the glories of Ancient Rome, passing through the Renaissance, up to the present day, you can feast your eyes on the historical progression of art through sculptures, paintings, and other Italian masterpieces. It’s worthwhile remembering also that many of the churches in Rome have top quality paintings and sculpture and are for the most part are free to enter.
- Located in the gardens of Villa Borghese, the Borghese Gallery is one of the most famous and renowned museums in the world. The show starts from the garden, which rivals the architecture of the Villa in beauty. The museum contains paintings, frescoes, sculptures and mosaics collected by Cardinal Scipione Borghese in the 17th century. He was a great collector of Caravaggio’s works, however, here you can also admire works by Bernini (of which Scipione Borghese was the first patron), Raphael, Titian, Leonardo da Vinci, Botticelli, Rubens and many other artists. A collection not to be missed!
- The Doria Pamphilj Gallery is one of the most beautiful private collections in Rome. Here you can admire works by illustrious artists such as Titian, Raphael, Bernini, Velasquez and Caravaggio. The Doria-Pamphilj Palace, located along Via Del Corso in central Rome, is still inhabited by members of this historic family and contains personal memories and art, its history dating back to the 15th century.
- The Vatican Pinacoteca in the Vatican Museums finally collects one of the most beautiful collections of religious paintings made by the most famous painters of the Renaissance: Bellini, Raphael, Leonardo da Vinci, Caravaggio, and Bernini. Not to mention the Sistine Chapel, where the creations of the most incredible paintings in the world are found.
- The Capitoline Museums are located in the center of the city, in Piazza del Campidoglio, and are the main municipal museum of Rome and one of the oldest in the world – a repository of ancient Roman artefacts. It was born from the donation of a collection of bronzes by Pope Sixtus IV in 1471. It consists of two imposing buildings: the Palazzo dei Conservatori and the New Palace. These two palaces contain an impressive collection of Roman paintings and sculptures, exhibited to the delight of visitors and are connected by the Lapidary Gallery, an underground passage that crosses the square, without having to leave the museums. The museum also houses the most famous symbol of Rome after the Colosseum, the bronze she-wolf with Romulus and Remus as children.
- Altemps Palace, near Piazza Navona, with its rich and incredible ancient Egyptian and Roman collection should be on any visitor’s essential list. It also contains works of art from all eras in a splendid Renaissance setting having been built on the site of an ancient Roman house of the time. In 1568 Marco Altemps, a German cardinal and Pope Pius IV’s nephew purchased the palace and his particular penchant for ancient statues created the collection you see today.
Walks Inside Rome – The best selection of museums not to be missed
Walks Inside Rome has been offering travel services and guided tours since 1999. We are a specialized tour operator which guarantees the most immersive, authentic, and educational private tours or small-group tours in Rome and in Italy’s most spectacular destinations for the most discerning travelers.
Whether this is your first time in Rome or you have made the journey before, our Galleries and Museums of Rome Tours provide incomparable encounters with musical masterpieces, historical architecture and extraordinary artwork.
All our tours can be combined and customized to meet your needs and interests. Join our knowledgeable guides as you discover the vast array of famous historical works dating from the Roman Empire to modern-day Rome.
Feel free to contact us any time with any questions or comments, and don’t hesitate to ask if you want any further information about our services. You can fill out the form on our website, send us an email, call us or chat with us on WhatsApp.
We look forward to meeting you soon so we can explore Rome together!
- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence Small Group Tours
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
For More Informations(0039) 334 7243374
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Let's start exploring together!