Request Your Tour
- Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Day Trips
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Food and Wine Experience
- Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Capri Tours
- Colosseum Tours
- Cooking Classes for Kids in Rome
- Cooking Classes in Rome
- Culinary Experiences
- Day trips from Rome
- Florence Day Trips
- Florence Small Group Tours
- Florence tours
- Food and Wine Experiences in Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Florence
- Food and Wine Experiences in Puglia and Matera
- Food and wine experiences in Rome
- Food and Wine Experiences in Venice
- Galleries and Museums of Rome
- Italy Tours
- Milan and Lake Como Tours
- Most Popular Tours
- New Tours
- Other Destinations
- Pope's Farm Tours
- Puglia and Matera
- Puglia and Matera food and Wine Tours
- Puglia and Matera Tours
- Rome Catacombs Tours
- Rome culinary experiences
- Rome Driving Tours
- Rome Guided Tours
- Rome Jewish Tours
- Rome Kids & Families Experiences
- Rome Kids and Families Tours
- Rome on Wheels
- Rome Private Tours
- Rome Shore Excursions
- Rome Small Group Tours
- Rome Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Food and Wine Tours
- Sicily and Pantelleria Tours
- Special Tours of Rome
- Vatican Jewish Tours
- Vatican Kids and Families Tours
- Vatican Small Group Tours
- Vatican Tours
- Venice Day Trips
- Venice Driving Tours
- Venice Food and Wine Tours
- Venice Kids & Families Experiences
- Venice Kids and Families Tours
- Venice Tours
- The best time to visit Rome27 September, 2023
- How many days in Rome is enough?19 September, 2023
- Famous places in ancient Rome: landmarks, monuments...19 September, 2023
- The best time to visit Rome
For More Information(0039) 338 7791615
Mon - Sat / 08:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Why Choose It?
- Absorb more than 2,000 years of history and culture.
- Witness the ethereal beauty of the Sistine Chapel's frescoes.
- Marvel at the miraculous relics housed inside Saint Peter's Basilica.
Love art, history and cooking? Here’s a fantastic way to see the beauty and art of the Vatican and learn to make your very own Italian meal all in one day. Our Double the Roman Experience is designed for individuals and families visiting Rome with plenty of curiosity and a limited amount of time.
We’ll pick you up from your hotel and whisk you away for an exciting family-friendly tour of the Vatican, where we’ll explore the cream of its collection: the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and Saint Peter’s Basilica. Following this, we’ll escort you to one of our two prestigious cooking schools where you’ll learn to master the art of Italian cuisine.
Step straight inside the Vatican with skip-the-line entry
Your private Roman Experience Tour guides you through the highlights of the Vatican’s vast collection. Whether there’s something in particular you’d like to see or you’re happy to let your expert guide select the perfect itinerary for you, we’ll bring you face-to-face with the Vatican’s most unmissable treasures, from the stunning statues of the Gallery of the Candelabra, ornate artworks of the Gallery of Maps, and intricate designs of the Gallery of Tapestries.
You have the option of stopping off at the Raphael Rooms to discover the phenomenal frescoes that rival those of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel. Then we’ll make our way to what most consider the magnum opus of the Great Master in Rome: the Pope’s private Sistine Chapel.
Enter Saint Peter’s Basilica to marvel at its architecture
No visit to the Vatican would be complete without discovering the spectacular Saint Peter’s Basilica. At the epicenter of the Christian world, the largest church in Rome boasts more than just its sheer scale. Its stunning mosaics and awe-inspiring artworks, such as Michelangelo’s Pieta and Bernini’s Baldachin, count among western art’s most inspirational achievements.
Your Vatican tour ends in Saint Peter’s Square, where under the shadow of the imposing Vatican Obelisk, brought to Rome by the emperor Caligula in the 1st century AD, you can stand in reverential admiration of Bernini’s perfectly proportioned colonnade which surrounds you. From here, we’ll drive you the short distance into Rome’s center and your cooking class.
Enjoy a prosecco and snacks reception at our cooking school
Your private cooking class will take place in one of two stunning locations: just around the corner from Piazza Navona or a stone’s throw from the Pantheon. After recalibrating yourself with an indulgent prosecco and antipasti reception, you’ll get creative in the kitchen perfecting classic Italian cuisine under the guidance of your own professional, English-speaking chef.
We can adapt the menu according to what you want to make and your level of expertise. So whether you’re longing for some pizza, want to master the art of Roman pasta like cacio e pepe, amatriciana, or carbonara, or fancy assuaging your sweet tooth on some gelato or tiramisù, we’ll customize the course just for you.
Dine on your homemade meal after the class
When you’ve finished your hands-on cooking class, you can sit down and linger over the delicious meal you’ve created, paired with specially selected wines and soft drinks. What’s more, we’ll email you the recipes at the end of the class so you can recreate your Italian cuisine at home to impress friends and family and be the king or queen of dinner parties. Splendido.
Itinerary:Vatican Museums highlightsSistine ChapelSaint Peter's BasilicaProsecco and snacks receptionHands-on cooking classHomemade meal
Included:Skip-the-line entranceLicensed tour guideTransportation between the Vatican and the cooking schoolEnglish-speaking chefProsecco and snacks receptionAll ingredients and equipmentHomemade meal with drinks
Meeting Point:Vatican Museums entrance (under the statue of Michelangelo and Raphael)
Our guides are fluent in English and have a contagious passion for the inspiring cultural heritage of our Italian cities. Experts in their fields, they will immerse you in the hidden histories and intriguing lives of history's great protagonists. So much to see, so easy to miss out: with the help of our guides, visit the most absorbing sites and uncover the stories that have changed the world. Don't miss this fascinating journey!
- M2233BTrobertlTerrific Trastevere Food Tour with Luca! Luca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature.... read moreLuca took my wife and myself on a wonderful food tour through Trastevere. The things we saw and ate and learned were excellent. The best part was Luca's friendly nature. By the end of the evening we felt that we had spent a nice time with a new friend. read less - 10/03/2022
- Darren RA must do experience This cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through... read moreThis cooking class was a highlight of our trip. We got to meet a young chef, Sara. She had us decide what to cook. Then we walked through the market to pick out some of the ingredients, the meats and such. Then we went back to their excellent small group kitchen. We had a wonderful time learning from Sara. She taught us to make ravioli and saltimbocca and tiramisu. It was fun and relaxed and extremely delicious. We thought the whole experience was splendid. 10 out of 10. read less - 9/26/2022
- genevieverbBest Food Tour We Took! My fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of... read moreMy fiance and I capped off our first full day in Rome with this lovely food tour. Luca was friendly, excited, and knowledgeable. We got to try a ton of different food and even returned to one of the restaurants later in the week. The tour groups are kept small, so our group easily got to know each other throughout the tour. We were especially pleased with how accommodating it was: My fiance is a vegetarian and can be a bit of a picky eater, so he had low expectations going in and this ended up being his favorite activity all week! We actually had a couple of vegetarians in our group and there was always an equally hearty substitute whenever necessary. Super pleased with this experience and with Luca! Best part of our week! read less - 9/21/2022
- Emily WWorth every penny. What an evening! This was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and... read moreThis was without a doubt the highlight of my trip. A great evening with plenty of incredible local food and drink and a really good way to meet and get to know other travellers. The small group size made it much more personal and conversation flowed all evening! Sara (our guide) was absolutely amazing - so friendly and chatty, and so full of knowledge about the local food and Rome/Trastevere's history. She could not have been better.
I'll be coming back to Rome and will definitely be booking this again. Thank you so much, Sara, for making my first trip to Rome that much better! read less - 9/21/2022
- mrsmac0912Delicious food from fabulous foody Luca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our... read moreLuca Boccia was PHENOMENAL!
His knowledge of Italian cuisine was exceptional, especially welcomed because it included more than just the well known dishes. He was funny and friendly, making our time together unforgettable.
Most appreciated was his offer to remain a resource for the duration of our visit with DELICIOUS recommendations off the tourist path.
Well done Luca!!! read less - 9/11/2022
- uscimcA Must Do Tour of Sistine Chapel Amazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a... read moreAmazing! This was my third time to the Vatican but this time I took my adult/teen children and wife and we used a tour guide. It was a small group of 9. Just 2 families. She was great. She does this 4 days a week and all the guards knew her by name. If you want to see the Sistine Chapel, then you have to go early. We were one of the first to enter and with her connections basically did not wait on anything. We also entered a section in the Vatican Museums usually off limits to the public, a section with many animal statues and other mosaics. She gave us so much history and culture. My children said it was AP World History made real. You could tell she truly loved what she did. read less - 8/29/2022
- dvorahl2022Best tour ever. Martha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was... read moreMartha was our guide. She is the best. They way she explained all , answered our questions give us all the information in every place all was wonderful. It was a very hot summer day and she always looks for ways to give us the information under the shade before we went into the sun. I highly recommend this company and Martha as well. It was very easy to make the reservation and pay. We took the private tour and was perfect. 3 hours that feel like Half hour . We didn’t do any limes to get into the places. Know that if you go by yourself or in other yours you could be up to 2 hours under the sun to get into the coliseum or forum. I highly recommend the private tour. read less - 8/05/2022
- michelleSheiowitzGreat Food Stroll with Luca We did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour... read moreWe did the Trastevere Food Stroll with Luca B and he was great! Brought us to great authentic locations and provided his expert advice! We would highly recommend this tour and Luca!! read less - 7/30/2022